Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:48 AM   #1

Is it me but whenever anyone posts about getting an ultra zoom camera or a fast camera or a budget camera and one of us replies saying about the M410r we get zero reponse? not even a well there ok but.... its as tho our posts dont appear on other screens.

sorry rant over :blah:
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:02 PM   #2

Wait for this Steve this is gonna be good!!!!!!!!

Have contacted the shop in lincoln for the leather case he says " they don't list one for the M410R?

Strange I say i've bought one from you when I bought my camera from your shop!

" oh I see why" it's listed for the, wait for it..............

M420R!!!!!!

Anyway he can get one takes about 10 Days £14.99

KK is this correct whats going on.

I agree entirely with your comment Steve we are the invisible ones!! I think it's the old story judge a book by it's cover.

There again though the M410R has a mighty fine cover in my opinion. I don't know what it is, if any of these folks looked at this forum and saw the pictures They would probably say it was done by another camera. They are strange for not even considering this camera. In the DC magazine I get the review gave the images abetter score than the Canon S1-IS!!!!

Cheers Ian

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 1:12 PM   #3

The Kyocera m410r's lack of popularity has nothing to do withhow good or not it is. It happened to me. I only considered buying it after going intoa shop andasking on another brand. The guythere said it was a good camera and gave mea demo and let me play around with it for a while.But I still was not conviced enough although the reveiws on the internet where generally good.A week later I decided on the Olympus c765 and went to the local agent where he only had the demo one leftandI played with it for around half an hour. I told the guy there that I will wait for the new stock but I hadalready made up my mind to go and givethe M410r another look asI felt that it was a better camera than the olympus.

I could confirm instantly that the EVF was much better It froze much less and has much better quality, focusing seemed faster. Also the Lcd although smaller its much brighter than any I had seen. The seller also took some pics and printed them. Performace wise the Olympus was no match. I was impressed and I bought it.

What I want to say here is that if it wheren't for the sales man who recommended this camera I would never have considered buying a Kyocera. Ijust skipped Kyocera.Some peaple after being impressed with some of my photos asked me whats the make .When I say Kyocera thay say Koy what?Its brand name is just not marketed enough. Peaple willnot even consider the m410r and go andbuy a crapcamera from a popular brand.

Bye for now
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 1:48 PM   #4
TC3

Hi guys

In my opinion it is a shame that too many peeps blindly follow the big camera brands which they automatically assume will be the better cameras because of the fancy name!

Then you have the peeps like us on here who break from the norm and want a package that is well equipped and gives great results and value for money. I too am ignored when i suggest the M410R but all i can say is to hell with em! Most peeps spend money on over priced cameras with features they will never use or even know exist!

The word ass @ holes springs to mind

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 1:57 PM   #5

Couldn't agree with you both more.

When all is said and done we all post our views on the " which camera shall I buy" forum if nobody wants to take any notice then thats up to them. I will keep posting there, one day you never know another smart cookie will follow our advice.

All I can say is a least we are not sheep and follow the rest.

What a select bunch we are.

Ian
Old Jan 27, 2005, 2:08 PM   #6
TC3

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys

In my opinion it is a shame that too many peeps blindly follow the big camera brands which they automatically assume will be the better cameras because of the fancy name!

Then you have the peeps like us on here who break from the norm and want a package that is well equipped and gives great results and value for money. I too am ignored when i suggest the M410R but all i can say is to heck with em! Most peeps spend money on over priced cameras with features they will never use or even know exist!

The word bottom @ holes springs to mind

Tony

LOL bottom is not the word i had posted so i will try again.....aaarsseeeholes
Old Jan 27, 2005, 5:31 PM   #7

Chill ...guys....... It's horses for courses!

Despite my monica ... and my endless promotion of KY and Contaxgear ... I am in essence someone who believes in the "image" above the equipment.

Let us try to help those that have chosen other gearget the best out of theirs too. After all, they may be able to help us ....... and as you say ...... if they want the big names andnot our recommendation ....so be it .... it just makes it harder for us to help them with equipment we know less about!

Talking of names ....... there are plots afoot ... I hear ..... to resurrect the YASHICA name. Could it be that the plans of our Japanese Bosses to make Kyocera a world wide brand name have not gone quite as well as they had wished?

It appears that there has been some fancy footworkgoing on between Zeiss (the Contax name owners) and Kyocera(the Contax name Licensee). I looks more like a wrestling match though, than the Tango :-)We can see the results of this tussle in the USA with distribution name changes, re-structuring (hey let's not beat about the bush - layoffs!). Zeiss getting Cosina to make a brand new camera/lens (line?) for them, that should have CONTAX written all over it! And, who should have made it ..... ??????? .....well there are many who have said ...Thank God theyaren't! :P

Some have predicted ....... and many are wishing that Cosina will buy the CONTAX name license from Zeiss.

Back to Yashica ....... Insiders are saying ....bring back the YASHICA name ........and guess what has happened ........ ever heard of the ....

Yashica EZ Digital 2010 or

Yashica EZ Digital 3010 or

Yashica EZ Digital 4030 0r

Yashica EZ Digital 4033 ............... No .....well it appears neither have anyone else.

Unless you are Italian!

Announced at Photokina and suspiciously absent from ANY Kyocera website I can find, buton sale now (have been for a couple of months) in Italy .... and up to now nowhere else..... the Yashica logo has been given its rightful place ...larger than the Kyocera name. We ain't seen that on a Kyocera Digital since the Microelite 3300, 5 years ago ...... and Kyocera have put out one heck of a lot of P+S digitals in that name since then! They have no trouble with domestic sales in Japan. So why are we not seeing these cameras advertised and reviewed? I am trying to find out ....but am meeting with a brickwall.

Is it any surprise that peeps with $$$'s or£££'s or Euro'swant a name they know? Cripes! ...If Honda started making cameras ... Joe public would buy them ....even if you told them Honda had never made a camera before! They trust certain names. Who knows what Kyocera will do next ......... re-structure Kyocera Europe?

As for our man in Lincoln ...... M420R ...... a simple typo somewhere ..... s**t happens!

Enough ranting!

KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 5:36 PM   #8
TC3

KK

very interesting and by the way i am Italian but never heard of those models. However i have seen a few M420R's around

Tony
Old Jan 27, 2005, 5:43 PM   #9

Join thehuge queque of people who haven't heard of them either!

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:44 PM   #10

Well gents and ladies if thereare anyreading this,when all is said and done I don't care what the brand name is or what people say, the camera is excellent and gives cracking pictures.

I'm perfectly happy with it, just want some nice weather and a bit of spare time so I can take lots of shots:|and start getting to grips with it :-)

Lets take photos