Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 13, 2005, 4:34 PM   #41

No more than a cheapy blower brush and a microfiber cloth for my stuff. The occasional condensation from breath if something is a bit stubborn. I did dump a load of IPA on a filter once ..... real nasty gunge on it .....but it took ages to remove the smears it left behind ...... worked eventually.

The Microfiber cloth should be cleaned regularly ....... not too much detergent .....and I was told once that Fairy Liquid (etc) had lanolin in it ..... so better with a very weak non-bio powder solution .....but what do I know about this!

Yoursqueaky clean.... KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:44 AM   #42
TC3

I think the wide angle will be more useful then the tele in my case as i do not remember moaning about not having a tele attachment on any of our weekends away but i do remember moaning about not fitting everything into the pic many times

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:14 PM   #43
TC3

Wifey was on the blower to her mother who tells her she sent my lens last Tuesday so i hope to get em by next weekend. I need a rest from work and will have the weekend off to try em out....finally!

Snow and lots of cold weather may be heading down here too so doubt we will have a day out anywhere but you never know

Tony
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:42 AM   #44
TC3

Looks like the package has got lost in the post as it has never taken this long before.......if this is the case i may just as well get a DCR720 when i can!

Tony
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:44 AM   #45
TC3

The lenses did actually arrive this morning. The glass seems intact and the lens have a few dings and marks so i am first going to try them out and if i decide to keep them i will touch up the marks and spray some matt black over the silver barrel part on the wide angle as that silver bit really gives the lens an old look.

Tony
Old Feb 28, 2005, 1:21 PM   #46
TC3

So i have removed the distance scales from both lens.....look so much better and now i am going to give em a clean and see what they can do....inside as the dark is upon me

Tony
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:09 PM   #47

You spotted the 1 screw that saves you spraying :-).

Put the screws back in or find a black one the same size ...... just to seal the holes!

Also ..... you will know where to findthem again, when you want to re-assemble!

Never mind the dings .... unless they are in the threads!

We gonna see some wide-angle cats now? :-)

Cheers, KK
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:20 PM   #48
TC3

Well this morning i only had time to give em a quick look and didnt notice the screws...have lost one already as it sprung out :-)

Holes do not need sealing as they do not ppierce right thru the casing so light wont get in.

Tried them out quickly and i will keep them.....the wide angle vignetts as you know and it is only the top corners so i could either make a crop or make an adaptor up....what did you find worked KK....step up ring and two filter holders?

The tele is fine and does bring the object that bit closer...fine cheap nudist beach lens :roll::-)

Tony
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:28 PM   #49
TC3

Actually light can get in....just shined a laser pointer into it and it got thru :?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:57 PM   #50

You know where there is a beach for fine cheap nudists? ....... Sorry that was a little Police Squad(ish).

Yep! One step-up plus 2 (non-slimline) filter rings. I found one that was slightly "fatter" than normal ....ideal. I guess you could use 3 slimline ........ but slimlines are hard to come by in the junk-boxes!

All you have to do is clear the front face of the lens when it is on max zoom (only as a precaution .....you would only normally use this lens at max wide!)

Actually there are 4 holes on mine ......... I think they are there so that you can adjust where the scale appears when the aux lens is screwed on different cameras.

It really won't matter ........ the chance that light will enter perpendicular to the optical axis and reach the camera sensor must be infinitesimally small. If you want to ....put a strip of rubber or electrical tape on with contact adhesive.

It does look better when the scale is removed!

Cheers, KK