Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:42 PM   #51
TC3

KK

My lenses have 3 screws around the barrel and i have used black electrical tape and it looks ok as i smoothed it down and got the grooves to shape the tape.

Yeah the wide angle is only any use at its widest setting! I may get a 49 to 52 step up now!

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:51 PM   #52
TC3

Not bad for a pair of cheapo lens!
Attached Images

Old Feb 28, 2005, 4:50 PM   #53
TC3

And the reason why i did that? what i thought were marks on the barrel turned out to be some sort of very fine filler!!! On scraping away i found that the filler was placed in the tiny holes were the screw goes (the 3 screws around the barrel). Two of the screws were missing on each lens....and filled with the filler that gave it a marked apperance. So by using the electrical tape it covers up the barrel and marks as well as the bit were the scale was and the holes that were under it.

So THATS why i am not mad as you were thinking when you looked at the pic :-)

Tony
Old Feb 28, 2005, 5:00 PM   #54

I'd never have noticed .........neat job. I had to look twice.

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 2:08 AM   #55
TC3

KK

It turned out far better then i imagined! It is the risk you take buying stuff like this on e bay and from USA...i would have no cmeback if the lenses are scratched cos it took so long for them to get to me via relatives!

Tony
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:02 AM   #56
TC3

KK

How you feeling this morning...back to work? What about the bike damage?

Tony
Old Mar 1, 2005, 6:52 AM   #57

Thanks for asking ....... no, I'm still off ........my left knee is still very stiff, left shoulder and thumb are a bit stiff too.Looks like it wasn't just me stamping my foot down hardto keep balance that has hurt the knee. There isnice bigbruise coming up too, looks like it took a knock on the frame in the spin! It happened so quickly, Ican't remember that.

Drove 1/2 mile to the Doc's and back this morning....... and I could feel every clutch depression on my knee and gear change on my shoulder. I might go back in tomorrow. Mind you, the Doc prodding and bending them ...... does not make them fell any better!

I had a quick look at the bike .......... can't see anything obviously "bent", apart from the rear carrier, a bent bracket and a few bits of scraped paint. The wheels look in-line, but I might let the LBS have a look at it .... to see if there is something I've missed.

Cheers, KK
Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:33 AM   #58
TC3

KK

Past 2 days you have been waking up with stiff ones....:-):-)

Seriously though i would seek compensation from the drivers insurance...seems a straight forward claim to me and why you should suffer for no reason makes lil sense.

Tony
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:33 PM   #59
TC3

Hi KK

Feeling any better today?

I rubbed down the gloss finish filter ring you sent and painted it matt black....attached that to a Raynox 49mm step up and it looks excellent! I can use the set up with my close up filter and lenshood with no trouble. I then addthe 52 - 55mm step up ring and no vignetting with the aux lens...i know this is what you do and thanks for the idea.

Ian, Gerrard and the rest of you

Where you been hiding lately?

Tony
Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:32 PM   #60

Still creaky .... but no big deal.

Glad you cracked the vignetting ....it's a good solution, using your own home made rings!

Ideally, I would like to go have gone for a 52mm setup for all accessories and just leavea 52>55 step up on the Aux wide.But having 55mm gear made the decision for me.

Cheers, KK.