Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:17 AM   #61
TC3

Thought i would take the camera to work today and went out the back and tried the aux wide angle properly. Much better result then i had previously and for the money it is ok.
Attached Images

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:19 AM   #62
TC3

What you looking at? This was just the camera and no aux lens...top left corner ruins it....anyway he was warmer than i was
Attached Images

Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:25 AM   #63
TC3

Do not know about you guys but i have found that the M410R gives much better images in macro mode and when the lens is towards the tele end. At wide angle it is not as good. The landscape shotsare still useable but lack sharpness.

Any comments on that?

Tony
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:54 PM   #64

Ah! Sheep watching ....... an ancient and noble profession! Nice setting for your work!

A request, Tony .....how about posting a selection of say 700 x 500 pixels of the normal sizedsheep shot that you used the Aux wide on....... starting in the top left-hand corner with no resizing ........ I think you might be reasonably impressed with the quality. If you were to try this also with 35mm neg or tranny taken at the equivalent angle ....you'd need a pretty good quality lens to not be disappointed.

I have not noticed a significant drop in quality at the wide end .......but then I possibly haven't been super-critical in that area. I will experiment and see if I agree with your observation.

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:31 PM   #65
TC3

KK

How about this request...i e mail you the photo and then you can show me what you want me to do :-)...let me have a go first

This is the mansion my company has rented past 30 years....it is bigger than in the photo as there are 3 buildings in all. On a good day you might see a deer in the grounds but the sheep and rabbits are all over the place....very relaxing setting
Attached Images

Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:52 PM   #66
TC3

Top left of original image
Attached Images

Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:09 PM   #67
TC3

Another part of the original image
Attached Images

Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:37 PM   #68

Yeah! You got it ..... top left-hand corner ..... full sized .... lots of twiggy bits to really show up any faults ....and ........

........ Now ... that is roughly what I expected .....not too shabby for an Aux lens designed in the 60's for a completely different camera lens!

I like the 2nd blow-up ...... pretty good quality for a "budget" 4meg camera!

Do you want me do something with your "Mansion"? You lucky blighter ...... what a work place!

Tony .... If you want more .... you've got to go DSLR and buy fancy glass! Or go back to film!

Thanks, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:58 PM   #69
TC3

KK

I miss film but do not want to go back to that and so need to move upwards. I have been looking at the canon XT....have now decided against it and am waiting to see what Nikon will come up with in answer to the XT

Have always admired Nikon slrs and promised myself i would get one some day. My boss just got the D70 cheap from a trip to Dubai (we are designing a temple there) and even though it is rather large i really liked the build and was impressed with the quality. However i would feel more comfortable with a slightly smaller model and i expect they will come up with another low end slr this year.

You leave my mansion alone you :-)It is a lovely setting surrounded by fields and the house has a lot of character. I have been there a year now.

The second crop was with the aux lens too. I guess i can not complain as it does the job and will allow me to take a pic here and there i would otherwise lose out on.I am happy with the camera even though i moan at times but that is because i expect far to much from it.

Tony
Old Mar 6, 2005, 3:42 PM   #70

Tony,

Those shots look ok with the aux lens on.

Very nice work place, I'm mainly in factories, the last machine I put in was in a new factory and the stepper motors wouldn't run.........because it was -4 degrees!!!!

I'm in the wrong job!

About the DSLR, have you looked at the pentax ist DS..I think thats the one, it's allegedly very good and very small for an DSLR.

How about you KK looking at going to a DSLR?

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote