Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:59 AM   #1
TC3

Have posted this before guys but it is ending soon and thought one of you may be interested. I know KK has a set and i just got a set coming to me so how about you Ian? As long as the price is under £18 you will not be charged anything by customs so i will e mail the guy and see what postage is to UK. Anyway take a look

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2005, 6:17 AM   #2

Tony,

Didn't really want to buy them at the mo, but at that price it's hard to say no!

Have you had a reply on the cost of delivery back to the UK?

Do I need any other adapterrings or will they just screw straight into the adpter ring that comes with the M410R?

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 7:00 AM   #3

If you use anything (e.g. Electro Aux lenses) that are 55mm thread ....just a 52- 55 stepup.

But you probably seen me mention that I do not use the supplied adapter ..... I made my own up to get my +3 dioptre and my Aux Wide as close as possible to the front element. Not quite as neat ...... but not shabby either! I chose real cheapo filters to wreck for this...the ones where the lettering is stamped on, not stamped in ..... a bit of careful rubbing with a solvent removed the white lettering to make the adapter ring look neat. I had to play around with different thickness filters on a step-up ring to get the desired length.

This arrangement uses (in my case, coz I got lots of 55mm stuff) a 49-55 step up closest to the body ..... other people might want 49-52 if they have lots of 52mm stuff.

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 7:47 AM   #4
TC3

KK

i may just have to make my own mount too if i feel i need it but i will try it with just the setup i have

Ian

I have been quoted between 5 - 10 quid for postage on the same lenses from various e bay sellers but am still waiting for a reply from that seller. Time difference has something to do with it. Will let you know as soon as i find out

Tony
Old Jan 30, 2005, 12:22 PM   #5
TC3

Ian here is the reply from the seller

You asked:
"Postage cost to UK please"

Thank you for your inquiry. Shipping via Air Letter Post to wonderful Britain would cost $12.15 US however no insurance is available with Letter Post options. By Air Parcel Post cost would be $20.00 US plus $1.85 for insurance if desired. By Economy Letter Post (boat) it would run $5.70 US. By air it should take 7 to 10 days and by boat 4 to 6 weeks. Happy bidding, Sandy

I have used Air Letter Post before several times and never had any trouble so this could turn out to be areal bargain

Tony

Old Jan 30, 2005, 1:15 PM   #6

Tony,

Have put a bid in for those lenses, $9.5 I think it's about £5.50 in proper money:lol:

Which air mail would you advise I go with I've not bought from USA before but I take it you have?

Even at $20+ $1.85 whats that about £12? still cheap for a set of those lenses isn't it?

Ian
Old Jan 30, 2005, 1:29 PM   #7
TC3

Ian or should i say wiggly LOLOL

anyway i would go with the $20 shipping as long as you get the lenses for a good price. You got to remember that auction ends at 5 in the morning i think so if you are around to put a bid in the last minute it could help you win it otherwise just put a bid in for the max you are prepared to pay for em and then get it shipped by letter post option which like i said has never given me trouble. I have bought lots of stuff from USA and never had a problem with the items that were shipped directly to the UK

So good luck and put a max bid of about 20 dollars and you will have them here forabout 17 quidif the price goes that high. Not got mine yet so cant say if i will be happy with them but from looking at KK's pics i can see they will come in handy for sure

i will post any more i may find so keep your high bid till a few minutes to the end of auction. Bidding a max bid in the last few minutes normally secures a win

Tony
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:39 AM   #8

Tony,

I won the lenses!

Final purchase amount was £14.59 includes shipping to UK

I don't think thats a bad price lets just hope they get here now.

Ian
Old Feb 1, 2005, 2:27 AM   #9
TC3

Nice one Ian. I actually paid 15 quid but that was shipping to a US address so you did even better. I am hoping mine are ok also but will be a while before i find out! Yours will prob take 6 days or less to get here i would think

Tony
Old Feb 4, 2005, 7:46 AM   #10
TC3

Ian

did you e mail to find out when he sent the lens set?

Tony