Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:33 AM   #1

at long last.... well not that long really i have got a new camera back from kyocera! i was having an issue originally with stuck pixels 2 on the first camera and 4 on the second they wouldnt of been so bad if they werent stuck on bright white!.

Kyocera and thier very good customer service have swapped it out again for a fully tested one! this one has no stuck pixels! althought in theory this shouldnt happen its nice to know there is people that you can talk to and people that actually try and please the customer!

on a side note.... im hoping i will have some time to start contributing properly to these forums again (well not properly but my usual vague waffle!).... me and my girlfriend are looking at emigrating and its consuming vast qty's of time at the mo.... and im building a road bike after my old frame snapped!.... no rest for the wicked eh?

Thanks

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2005, 4:13 AM   #2

Nice to Know there is good customer service somewhere.

Looking to emigrate far away?

We expect to see lots of wonderful pictures posted here!!

Hope everything works out, my friend went to Canada took 18months but he's been there for about 5 years now and loves it!.

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 7:44 AM   #3
TC3

Steve

Glad to hear it is all sorted and that the customer care actually care!

My wife is American and we will be moving there one day ... where are you guys looking to go? I met her in a chat room and our 5th anniversary is coming up...off topic i know :-)

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:19 PM   #4

hey at least we can talk off topic tho :G

we are looking to move to Oz.... just getting so fed up with this country now.

i cant beleive how hard it is to get in... i have had to have my qualifications assesed as my degree isnt accredited... that required me doing a document... that took me 3 months to complete! that wasnt much fun i can tell you!

now we have a problem in that we dont live together yet... for various reasons including the fact that we were waiting to see how the assesment went... they want evidence that we have lived together for at least a year.... its like a soddin roller coaster.

anyway with all that sun out there... i think it would suit the camera.... lots of high shutter speed shots! probably a bit more wildlife than to swampmonsters that live round here too :G

back on topic i am impressed by the service.. although it shouldnt be required... at least they listen and take time to test things... but also keep to their word.

so guys just out of interest what are your reasons for wanting to leave the country?

Steve
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:31 PM   #5

I've not really thought about it but I'm like you had enough of this place!

Mmmm I think I'd like to, but the step daughter's father would block that !!

New Zealand would be nice and the wife has family/friends out there which may make it a little easier to move.

I don't know, 34 now is it too late or what?

I'm so fed up at work maybe worth looking into to find out what I actually need to do.

Ian
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:40 PM   #6

if you need any help i can try or point you in the direction.... at 34 you have kind of past it :blah:.... but then you can buy your way in... money talks to the oz government... its all about points. for every £40000 you can deposit for a year with them you gain 5 extra points... thats how you make up for your age. of course this is only oz... im not sure about NZ

we have just become fed up of the daily grind of work eat sleep, never having any time and just basically what our money is spent on.... thats as much as i will say on that dont want to offend anyone!

steve

Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:01 PM   #7
TC3

I have always wanted to move to another country. In 4 years time we will be moving toArizona andi wont miss the British weatheror the under funded NHS. I wont miss the high cost of petrol either believe me.

Am 40 this year and i believeyou are never to old for something new

Tony
Old Feb 4, 2005, 5:28 PM   #8

Stop all this!!!

I'm a service engineer and have just looked at our parent companies web site, they supply machines to New Zealand!!!!

They have the address of the agency they use, may have to speak to one of the technical guys to find out a bit more, be nice to have a job to go into.

I've checked out a few things you need 100points to fill in an "expression of interest form"from the basic information I filled in, I got 200 points.

This has really started me thinking.

The one problem will be the wife's ex (no they were not married) he will never sign the form to allow the little one out of the country!!!!!

Don't know if there's a way round this though.

Mmmmmmmmmmm may have to look into this seriously

Ian

Old Feb 5, 2005, 3:36 AM   #9
TC3

Good luck Ian but it is hard to imagine a law that would allow the kid to leave the country permantly without the consent of both parents. It is worth a try looking into it though

Tony