Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:57 PM   #1
TC3

Just a few photos to show you the DKE lens hood you can get on e bay for about 4 quid and the Jessops mini tripod
Attached Images

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:58 PM   #2
TC3

Good value for money
Attached Images

Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:07 PM   #3

Tony,

Does the lens hood make a big difference?

May have to invest in that minipod! I only have thatflexi thing(came free with magazine...I know why.....garbage)

Ian

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:54 PM   #4
TC3

Ian

Flare can get into the lens at some angles and the hoods are designed to keep out the flare and not lose contrast in the photo. I am pretty sure this hood will come in useful....anyhow it will be good to keep on the camera at times as it will help protect the glass on filters and lens from knocks...looks cool anyway

For 10 quid the tripod is not a bad buy. I can definatly see it coming into use more often then that flimsy rubbish you have at the moment

Tony

Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:28 PM   #5
TC3

Here is the same one i have....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...10244&rd=1
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:35 PM   #6

Looks good .....but worra ya do about a cap?

This is the thing that has bugged me about metalhoods since I started using them on 35mm gear years and years ago!

Interesting ...... my 55mm hood looks proportionally longer without vignetting, any idea how much longer your 52mm hood could go?

One thing to note. If you commit to a metal hood like I and Tony have, it isonly largely effective atthe wide angle end of our huge 10x zoom range .....but then again what hood can cope with this?

I want to invent a metal telescopic hood of a quality that matches those built-in retractable ones fitted to some telephoto lenses.

Just dreaming ..... KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:31 AM   #7
TC3

KK

It will do the job just fine i am sure and i could always use the technique you used by removing glass from old filters to make it stick out further.....would need to get the old filters first :rollr you could always by a long metal one that is for telephotos for the same price as the one i have

I have had to shade the camera by hand a few times and i know this will save me doing that at certain angles to the sun. Not to worried about a lens cap actually for now as it wont stay on the camera all the time.

A metal retracting hood would be the way to go! So KK get designing, send me the blueprints and i will make a cad drawing for it....i want half the profits mind :-)

Tony
Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:35 AM   #8
TC3

KK

I will measure the opening of the front of the hood and you do the same....as yours may be bigger ...will measure tonite

Tony
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:22 PM   #9

OK Tony

As far as I can estimate, this hood only just misses vignetting on a home-made adapter tube that extends 5mm past the lens fascia when the lens is set to its widest.

Cheers KK
Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 4:16 PM   #10
TC3

KK

inside - 62mm.....outer - 66mm and depth is 24mm

It could mean they give similar results as mine is shorter but the opening is smaller

Tony