Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:00 PM   #1

After a thorough review process, I have finally ordered the Finecam M410R. Thanksfor all sample photos on this forum, it was easy to make up my mind. I currently have Olympus C4000 and Panasonic FZ2. Panasonic has 12x optical zoom with image stabilization and great Leica lens - however, only 2MP the digital part of it wasn't up to my expectations (produced too much noise and wasn't very color-accurate under a range of shooting conditions - but maybe it's my lack of proper photo skills :roll.

A few complaints I have noticed about M410R is that it doesn't have manual exposure control, and neither it has manual focus. Has anyone come across a firmware update for the camera? I read on one German forum that Kyocera offered firmware updates with mail-in only - but so far couldn't find any confirmation. It would be nice if someone finds the new firmware, if it even exists :-)
mostwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:57 PM   #2

Hi mw

Hope you are not disappointed in any way with the camera after such a glowing reference to the shots in this sub-forum :-).

No manual focus but a crafty user will be able to fake a manual exposure modeusing EXP mode and pre-setting the desired aperture (or shutter speed) and coaxing the preferred shutter speed (or aperture) using the expose comp settings

I seem to remember a minor firmware update to very very early cameras ...I saw it on the Kyocera Japanese website ....but can't seem to find it now. It did not give manual focus or manual exposure ....or we would all have it on our cameras now!

Show us your pics ..... and have fun!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 4:26 PM   #3
TC3

Just did a search and i could not find anything out about a firmware update but it will come sooner or later....incidently full manual exposure i do not miss as i have enough control but i would not mind the manual focus option ....:idea:....lets all write to kyocera Uk and tell em we want an update and we want it now...it is bound to work...:roll:

Seriously...have you ever asked your contact KK ?

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 5:01 PM   #4

Real busy with Focus at the moment (10 days to go).....and other pressures too. May speak over the weekend ...... I'll pick an opportune moment.

Cheers, KK
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:46 AM   #5
TC3

KK

What is Focus? Charity group or something?

Tony
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:18 AM   #6

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
KK

What is Focus? Charity group or something?

Tony
Seems I'm not the only one not to undersand some fo your comments KK

regards

Gerrard
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:46 AM   #7

Focus on Imaging .... only Europe's biggest Imaging/photography/equipment show ...held annually at the NEC ( Hey KK? what's a NEC?) Birmingham UK.

It's a cracker!

To make it easy for you ......... http://www.focus-on-imaging.co.uk/

Cheers, KK
Old Feb 17, 2005, 6:02 AM   #8
TC3

Excellent....i think i may get a chance to go!!

Tony
Old Feb 17, 2005, 6:10 AM   #9

It's handy to pre-register if you are going as a "non-trade" visitor ...... I think they charge £6 entrance.....but watch out for the £6 car park fee ....better check this out .... when I go it's usually as "trade" (via my connections) and the fee system is different ....so I'm not totally sure about "non-trade" arrangements. Try an email to them.

Cheers, KK
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:36 AM   #10
TC3

The days are difficult as a Saturday would have been better but i may still be able to swing it....they should have discounts on gear and stuff dont you think?

Tony