Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:59 AM   #21

Hi Tony

I think about your suggestionsand check aroundon the net a bit more.Any way the local dealer wont have them for a week or two.

And thats really cheap Tony.

Bye

gerrard

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:46 AM   #22
TC3

G

Similar to the set i got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

i have e mailed to see what postage will cost to UK and will let you know soon as i hear

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:24 PM   #23

Gerrard,

You say you would like to upgrade in a few years time, so I would go for the Yashica Lenses on Ebay that Tony has found.

In a few years everything may have changed, you may even go for a DSLR.

Going for these lenses will give good results but won't break the bank.

If you spend a lot on the Raynox glass it will limit what you upgrade to in the future as you will be constantly trying to buy something that the lenses will fit on.

Just a thought.

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:26 PM   #24

Ian has something there ....but it might just boil down to how big your budget is ...... you might regard the cost of the Raynox as minor, or that you've had your money's worth in a couple of years time .....only you can judge that.

The old Yas electro lensis approx 0.8x ..... that might not be wide enough for you....thus making the choice inevitable!

Cheers, KK.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:59 PM   #25
TC3

G

The guys are making a good point. I would like a dslr in the next year or two and will be quite happy to keep the aux lenses for the M410R and might just add the DCR250 close up lens from the Raynox range.

Just do what feels right.....

Tony
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:30 PM   #26

Hi guys

I have no plans to buy a Dslr for the time being . The only thing that concerns me is that if the kyocera goes faulty I may be able to use the lenses on a similar type of cam and get some decent results.

Some problems I have encountered are 1 Not able to go back anough to frame my subject eg aircraft or a scene like the beaches I posted recently. 2 Is using the flash to take photographs of groups of peaple -a wide angle would mean I can get claser and use the flash to greater effect.

regards the factor wouldn't .8 be a little restricting ? Also a would a .6 give pics with greater distortion?

Any way thanks guys for your help. Now I have an idea about things, yesterday i knew nothing.

regards

g
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:20 PM   #27
TC3

G

Remember i mentioned the Raynox 6600PRO which costs a lot of money?...that is a .66X wide angle...it costs so much cos it is from the PRO range which have been designed and engineered to give less distortion. However i have seen several people moan about image softness in the centre and the edges. The DCR720 is a .72X wide angle and costs almost a third of the price but suffers from more distortion (you can see this in example pics on Raynox web site). Both have there strengths and weaknesses...in your case maybe you should try both before you make up your mind and check out if you feel thedistortion or image softness willput you off one or the other....this is one reason why i bought the Aux lenses...could not make up my mind...:-)

From the pic KK posted showing his garden....i think the aux lens does vey well for lil money!

Indoor flash pics may be affected by the fact the flash is probably adjusted to throw light at an angle of 38 degrees and so using the wideangle with flash might create dark sides...this is purly guess work and is another thing you must check before buying

Tony
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:40 PM   #28

Hi Tony,

The guy whose getting the raynox product usally lets me use the products he has as much as i like before puchasing.

Probably the dcr 720 would be a good compomise for price and flexibility . Iplan to take some photos wiith it and the flash and see how it goes. i'll have a look again at KK photo's as well.

By image softness i think you mean lack of focus?

bye

g
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:58 PM   #29
TC3

G

When i used the term image softness i meant that some people find that the centre of the pic is not as clear as the rest of the pic....not as defined....i have never tried the lens myself but if i seriously wanted to buy a nice and wide angled lens i would try it for sure. People value certain things differently and you may find that the DCR6600 is perfect in your eyes.

Good to hear you will be able to test em out so post the pics!

Tony
Old Feb 19, 2005, 4:16 AM   #30

Hi Tony,

In the meantime I will see what actuallenses the local agent will import and if dcr720 and 6600 are amongst them. The dcr6600 will probably prove too expensice so if I like the dcr 720 thats the model I'll go for. Once I have some pics with these lenses I'll post them here. but as I said it may be in a week or two.

Regards

gerrard