Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:19 AM   #21

the main thing is that we are happy with our camera's. we dont tell people they are wrong for buying something else and those people that do seem to be congregating in the DPreview forums.

i dont care what camera a person has got... we all have different opinions but we share one interest.... photography. some people have large budgets or a huge interest... so great go buy a DSLR .... others want something good to improve themselves so they buy what they think is right. personally i try and buy the best for the money that fits my needs andthe m410 gave me that... fast shooting to catch fast moving subjects and a decent zoom so i can get in close. i didnt care about IS as the camera in burst mode gets several shots without blur.... and several with!

its a bit like the difference between mine and KK's bikes.... mines a lightweight racer that im happy with.... his is a heavier and far sturdier bike that suits the use that he gives it (tracks and trails as well as roads... mine would break in 5 minutes!)and he is happy with it ( i think!). i respect him for getting out on it and using it... too many bikes become dust gatherers in garages. again we both have a common interest.

im sure the panasonics are very good and there is nothing wrong with brand loyalty... as long as its informed brand loyalty and not ramming the fact that someone hasnt got the same opinion as them down their throat.

unfortunately our brand loyalty... infact no lets call it brand satisfaction will maybe get tested soon depending on what happens with the company! my next camera for sure will be the one that satisfies my requirements.... not what lots of very biased people tell me i should buy!

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:35 PM   #22
TC3

!agree...i have always bought what i consider perfect for my needs and 20 years ago when i got my first SLR i got a Ricoh rather then go with Pentax or one of the other big brands....it suited me and was value for money.....ended up upgrading twice more with Ricoh after that.

So i got the M410R due to it's features and price and it is a great lil cam. However it obviously has limitations. Some peeps do not mind and some peeps do. I did a few weddings for peeps in my time with SLR cameras and was asked to do 2 since i have had the Kyocera....as good as the camera is it has it s shortcomings and i accept them but would not feel confident with it if i was asked to be a main wedding photographer.

Hence the reason i want an SLR... to capture those moments peeps will cherish forever in superior quality...have not got a large budget but i do a ton of overtime so i can reward myself. The Kyocera will always be with me though as i have grown very fond of it.

Steve....what makes you say you have to spend loads on lensesif you buy an SLR. You dont HAVE to do anything of the sort. A wide angle to low end tele kept on the camera is a good walk around lens....when i will need something compact to carry or the extra zoom thats were the M410R comes in.

I agree that everyone has different needs and no one should slag anyone off for the camera they choose to buy. Live and let live is my motto

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:26 PM   #23

Steve,

That thread you posted has got lots of response!!

I can only agree with what you and Tony and Gerrard have said, but that guy who took his panasonic back should have posted sample pics for all the others to see.

The simple reason is, the main review of our camera wassodamning because the reviewerhad a problem with colour in all of his shots and lots had vignetting!!!

That single review destroyed the M410R for a lot of people, but we know different,and thats a shame because the camera is .

The whole of that thread is sad and the only bit that does get to me is that review because it's just totally wrong. He must have had a poorly camera.

As for my next camera.....have no idea, but I don't think it will be a DSLR as I've tried my dad's 300d and it just doesn't feel right.

The camera I really like is the Panasonic LC1 very retro very simple sort of but very expensive, prefer the Leica but that is £1000+ :?
Have no intentions of getting any thing else at the moment will enjoy the M410R, but if I do change will probably go for something "different" again....with the Foveonsensor perhaps ormaybe something else who knows.

One thing is certain I will be in the shops trying all the possibles and going for one which suitsMEregardless of make or so called expert reviews.

Ian

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:35 PM   #24

I agree fully with your views TC3. If i had to buy another camera no way would I buy another Kyocera just becouse its a Kyocera. Also I think no one can really be confident of using this cam for a wedding ( or any other similar cam for that matter ) due to its limited flash range but otherwise I doubt how much peaple will notice the differance between a DSLR and the m410r if you are going to print normal sized prints. I've printed some really beatifull8x10 ins pics from the m410r which if someone told me that they where taken with the most expensive cam in the world I would have believed them.

Also I have to accept that my views here may be considered a whole load of bulls**t by somebody more compitent in this subject.

About the reviewers issue as I said a lot of us have to depend on thier opinions to buy a cam becouse they are not in a position to experiment with different types for long enough periods before deciding.

So I just hope that if I have to buy another cam (maybe a panasonic) what I buy is based on true unbiased opinions of serious reviewers not ones that amplify the defects of unpoopular brands whileplaying down, almost hiding, the limitations of other more popular brands.

Bye

g
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:35 PM   #25

I agree fully with your views TC3. If i had to buy another camera no way would I buy another Kyocera just becouse its a Kyocera. Also I think no one can really be confident of using this cam for a wedding ( or any other similar cam for that matter ) due to its limited flash range but otherwise I doubt how much peaple will notice the differance between a DSLR and the m410r if you are going to print normal sized prints. I've printed some really beatifull8x10 ins pics from the m410r which if someone told me that they where taken with the most expensive cam in the world I would have believed them.

Also I have to accept that my views here may be considered a whole load of bulls**t by somebody more compitent in this subject.

About the reviewers issue as I said a lot of us have to depend on thier opinions to buy a cam becouse they are not in a position to experiment with different types for long enough periods before deciding.

So I just hope that if I have to buy another cam (maybe a panasonic) what I buy is based on true unbiased opinions of serious reviewers not ones that amplify the defects of unpoopular brands whileplaying down, almost hiding, the limitations of other more popular brands.

Bye

g
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:55 PM   #26
TC3

Well i finally got round to reading most of that thread and am surprised at how childish some peeps can be and basically got bored ofsome of the attitudes on there...dickheads comes to mind!

I just laugh at these peeps who slag of the M410R....because i KNOW they do not know what they are talking about and not having ever tried the camera themselves they let themselves be blindly guided but the odd bad review.

Their opinions mean sweet FA to me. At least there are some guys on that thread that are more open minded!

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote