Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:10 PM   #1

This may be why I can't reach anyone at Kyocera...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05030301kyocera.asp
MarkFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:12 PM   #2

surley not?

have you heard of this KK?

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:20 PM   #3

Yep ....spoke to someone yesterday ....had to wait until it went public.

see

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...jump_to=263760

Will be speaking to my source again tonight. Head Guy will return from Japan on Sunday and give the KYUK employees all the news ....that they already know!

It's all true ........ and Kyocera will not be the only big names that will leave the camera business in 2005 .....watch this space ....there will be some BIG, OLD names pulling out!

Yours ....soon to be ex-KK ........ watch out I might become

ZIK ....... Zeiss IKon Kid or ZI Kid for short!
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:27 PM   #4
TC3

So we are stuck with a camera that you cannot get repaired or parts for?

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:36 PM   #5

Err .....No!

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:05 PM   #6

Hi all,

Well that is a shock, can't belive it but, sh*t happens as they say.

Not that I'm bothered the cameras are still excellent just a shame that an updated version of the M410R won't ...be

I read that Sony may be buying out the camera part, I can't see them updating a M410r they have there own ultra-zoom camera......expensive though.

mmmmmm wonder who's next, very sorry for all the folks who could well be out of a job.

KK what will happen tothe contax newsletter thats just been bought back to life?

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:20 PM   #7

Hi guys

Just read this unwelcome news about Kyocera. Not reallynice newsfor those like us whowentfor and invested in arelativly unknown camera brand. And also probably advertised its capabilities here and elsewhere. Pity. Was really on the lookuot for new kyocera digital camera as I expected that Kyocera could produce an unbeatable camera with the perfomance of this cam 3.3 f/sec, wonderfull evf etc+ some improvments i.e. image stab+ 5mp.

A much larger brand is marketing thier latest digizoom but when I read the specs I think it can only take 0.7pic/sec-poor by the M410r standards.

Just recomendded this cam to a friend of mine yesterday. He said he was fed up using another popular brand cam becouse it was so slow and hewasconvinced that a DSLR is the only solution.One model he mentioned could take 12 pics burst. He was reallyinterested when I told him that the M410r can take 3.3f/sec till the card is full. The pic quality he knew all about becouse he'd seen a lot of my pics.

Think I have to tell him they're not making cameras any more.

As regards the parts problem I think there is another make that are producing an extremely similar cam - Rollei, maybe they can be obtained from them although I dont really expect that somthing like this can be fixed if its not somthing basic such as a broken battery door or somthing similar.

We'll just have to enjoy this cam for now and then turn to another make when the need arises. Just printed some beautiful big 10 by 8 ins picsof my kids for thier room. Really pleased with the results.Probly better than seeing them on my moniter.

By

g

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:26 PM   #8

Hi Gerrard,

I think you will have to tell your friend that they are not making cameras anymore but it shouldn't put him off buying one, in my opinion.

It still has the best EVF on this type/price camera and the results are excellent.

Just had a look at http://www.warehouseexpress.com they were selling the M410R for £249 as a stock clearance. They have now got rid of the stock clearance and are selling it for £269.

Very strange indeed.

We will be very exclusive though as we have the original Kyocerabrand cameraanybody else in the next couple of years will have Sonyera? or Ziessera:lol:

Ian

Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:43 PM   #9

Hi Ian,

Are sony buying up the Kyocera digital cams than?

Maybe they need the R tune technology to speeden up thier own cams a bit.

Also I just checked the north American Kyocera web site .Thay dont mention anythibng about stopping camera production. In fact they are still advertising thier products quite prominently.

Bye

G

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:48 PM   #10

Hi G,

I'm not sure, I've read that there are a few companies thatare interested inbuying the camera part of Kyocera/Contax.

KK may be able to post a little more if he knows...is able to.

The digital side is being stopped at the end of this year, so plenty of time and we will have to wait and see what happens.

Ian