Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:13 AM   #41

I'm a Mickey Mouse engineer!

That's before anybody else saysit!

Electrical/Mechanical apprentice trained service engineer!

I work on thermoforming machines eg triangle sandwick packs,that you buy from a garage, also Mcdonald sauce pots are made on our machines we also make machines that we call Skin packers......When you buy fittings that are on a cardboard backing and are held in place with clear plastic that you can never get off!!!

I can't belive I haven't got a photo of one of our machines!

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:19 AM   #42

I am no sort of Engineer! I belong to the Grand Order of Bodgers!:-)

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:39 AM   #43

Ian ....so it's your company that is responsible for all the broken fingernails!:G

KK
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:29 AM   #44

Mmmmmm, I get that everywhere!

Our company onlymakes the machines, what is annoying is, that you can get easy peel card!! and this is excellent no broken nails no knife to cut out the product. Just grip the corner and pull the plastic off perfect!

One major problem this card is more than twice the cost of normal card so guess what, packaging companies won't buy it!:flame::-x

:angry:

Ian
Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:18 PM   #45

Hi guys ....... this is roughly what I sent Ian ............

Choosing your lens will depend on what you want to photograph! 50mm is very hard to control without some sort of fine adjustment on a bench set-up! Depth of field is virtually 2 dimensional!

Just look at the sort of magnifications I was getting with the bits off a 135mm lens and 50mm lens! The 50mm lens would not easily be used in the field. Remember the shots of a flat-on ruler will not mimic 3-D objects .... and you can see very little d-o-f on the exuvia.

See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=19&page=2

One thing I will say is that the zoom will work ...just!..... but is not a good idea.

You want symmetrical lenses. See

http://www.microscopy-uk.net/mag/artmay03/dwrevlens.html

You might argue that you can always back-off with the M410R zoom with the 50mm attached ....but I'd rather stick to near full zoom and use a longer supplementary lens than zoom back with a shorter one.

What are you planning to photograph? ....I might be able to be more specific.

Cheers, KK

Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:29 PM   #46

Cheers KK.

I will try a 50mm lens and then look for a cheap 100mm zoom lens.

The only problem with Ebay is not being able to see both sides of the lens!

Could send an E-mail and ask them though

Ian
Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:45 PM   #47

Whynot have a play with your Jessops +4 on various subjects ....I think you might find it will fit most of your needs.... unless you wish to go bench!

The 135mm bits are equivalent to +6 ......that is a practical hand-held limit I think! I've yet to prove that ....but the season is nearly here!

Beware that a 135 (+6) or 200 (+5) start to get a little heavy on the front of the M410 ....unless you getthem so cheap that you don't mind pulling it to pieces to get rid of all the excess weight. Otherwise I think the telephoto lens will be carrying the M410R not the other way around!

I'll look in my not-so junk box tomorrow (as opposed to my real junk box) ..... so don't go spending good money yet! ....I'll see if there is anything you can play with ...... might have an odd old 50mm or something similar.

Do you now have surplus close-up gear? If so, ....let me know what it is, what filter sizes,howmuch you want..... there are always people I know who might be interested ....... I am the Secretary of the Lancs. &Chesh. Ent. Soc. ....... Britain's oldest Entomological Soc. .......... and the so-called(?) South Lancashire co-ordinator of the British Dragonfly Soc ........so I know a few people who are interested in such stuff!

Do I ever get time to sleep? .........you ask ........ hardly!

Cheers, KK

Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:57 AM   #48
TC3

Ian

Rather than buy all these old lenses that will in time add up in cost...go get a DCR250 which can be hand held, assuming KK has no lens for you in his odd box.

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 1:26 PM   #49
TC3

KK

When do you actually find time to teach?? I believe it is always good to have lots of interests

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 1:57 PM   #50

Anytime I'm not asleep! :-)

KK