Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:09 PM   #51

Just got a 55/55mm reverse coupling ring from an Ebay store ......

http://stores.ebay.com/AMERICAN-EAGL...RS-ACCESSORIES

Nothing remarkable in that you might think ...... except that it was brand-new, boxed and came all the way from Florida to the UK, by air, for less than a quarterof the cost of ordering it from the UK! It arrived in about 5 working days (which I assure you,the delivery WITHIN the UK can take by some couriers!)

Just $2 for shipping ............ what do you reckon a UK dealer would have charged to ship to USA? .....or even within UK ....for that matter!

What can I say ....... except ........ Well done Bruce! ......And ....... UK is going to the dogs!

KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:24 PM   #52

KK,

Got mine on Tuesday ordered it last thursday, excellent being over a weekend as well!

Ordered the 50mm lens on sunday all paid for contacted the seller who sent it out Monday first class signed for delivery.........still waiting!

UK service..............what UK service!

Just got a second hand Panasonic Lumix LC1........very nice and VERY big!!!

I'm not telling what I paid for it but it was no where near what Jessops are selling it for

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:55 PM   #53
TC3

Ian

That is one nice piece of kit! Looking forward to seeing some pics taken with the excellent Lecia lens!!

Have fun

KK

Getting a bargain from USA is always on top of my lists. Wondr how much buisness they take from the UK

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:57 PM   #54
TC3

Hey Ian

How much was it :-)

What made you go out and buy one?

Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:21 PM   #55

The price I got it for made me get it!

It's a monster! you need shovel hands compared to the tiny Kyocera got some weight to it as well.

It cost alot but not, Don't know if I'm keeping it yet so can't disclose the price!

My brother has it at the moment as he is looking to buy it off me!

Had q quick play with it, it'snice to get back to using the rings on the lens for focus and aperture settings. I set it so the whole EVF enlarged so you could focus correctly still not 100% as the EVF isn't high enough resolution, but it works ok and you can always use the auto-everything.

Your right though nice bit of kit!

If I could afford to, I would keep it butneed other things for the houseSo if my brother doesn't have it, it will go on EBAY

Ian
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:28 PM   #56
TC3

Reminds me of my first real camera...a Ricoh35 ZF. I truly regret selling that and my slrs and lenses as i upgraded from one to the other.

Tony
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:06 AM   #57

I've just got my Canon 50mm FD lens.

(with rear lens cap in position)When I adjust the aperture ring you can see the iris slowly opening up to F11 after this point nothing. If I go the other way down to F22 the iris closes up, then if I click it round to A the iris opens up to same size as F11 with the rear cap removed, which is still a tiny aperture.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something, as when I move past F11 right up to F1.8 the iris doesn't move.

I'm sure that by turning the aperture ring all the way to F1.8 the iris should open fully.

Anybody any ideas?

Just so I can return the lens and get my money back if it's broken.

Cheers Ian
Old Mar 26, 2005, 8:27 AM   #58

Canon lenses ..... breach-mounts ....etc etc are a mystery to me!

What does the seller say?

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:30 AM   #59

Still waiting for a reply, I called him the other dayas the lens hadn't arrived but that was Royal Mail being thereusual crap.

When I spoke to him he said he would be on holiday for one week so won't get a response until he gets back.

Will just have to wait then nail him!

:flame::ak47::-x

Ian