Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 14, 2005, 5:05 AM   #1

Recently got this camera and cannot work out how to download the images to my computer. I have installed the req. files and when i connect to the E: drive to see the files it says that the memory needs formatting. This has been done so haven't a clue why it does this. Hopefully someones had a similar problem thats been rectified. I have tried to get it working using 2 different memory cards and still get the same problem.

Thanks
Platti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:57 AM   #2

I've been and bought a card reader so I can now get images onto my computer, however if anyone does have any ideas what went wrong please do tell. Cheers
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:22 AM   #3

some more info could be useful.

operating system, computer system details, card types etc. i dont have this camera so i cant really comment... however others may find this information useful to answer. it could be a usb compatibility issue or something like that.

Thanks

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:46 PM   #4

Win 9x or XP?

Ithink you must have Win 98 if you say you have installed the files. Can the computer recognise the directory structure?

Can the camera play back the pictures?

Cheers, KK.

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 1:07 PM   #5

I'm on Win XP and the camera shows the pics fine. I've had the same problem with the 2 different types of card I have, one's a Lexar media one and the others a Addva. Need anything else ?

Cheers
Old Mar 14, 2005, 1:17 PM   #6

you shouldnt need to install anything for the camera in Xp should you? you just need to plug it in and off it goes.... i might be wrong .... but .... well i normally am! :?
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 1:26 PM   #7

Very strange,

I have just tried this with the wife's SL300RT*

I'm using the HP psc 2175 all in one printer,scanner&copier this has a built in card reader.

Goto start then my computer.

A drive should appear in removeable storage devices, in mine it shows as removable drive F:

double click on this drive and a folder DCIM appears this should hold your photos or it may come up with another folder just click on this select your pictures and copy to your PC folder.

I haven't tried this direct from camera, KK has had the camera longer just wondering if he has downloaded pictures direct from camera?

hope this helps

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:04 PM   #8

Could this be theproblem ....there is no need to download anything for XP! So Steve ..... you can chalk one more up in the "right" column :-)

Have you got somesort of odd conflict byloading the Win 9X drivers? I have heard of a few people with problems before .... but most people have no trouble. Have we now figured out why only a few people have reported problems:?

My SL300RT* downloaded pics from camera to Win98SE machine perfectly (at first!)

It still does download directly OK....but when I loaded the M410R Win98SE drivers ....I sometimes get some strange conflicts. :P

I opted for a card reader too.... most people do .....much more convenient!

Hope this helps .....KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:10 PM   #9

I think thats where the problem is. I've loaded something fro the disk designed for Win98 which has made my computer go off on one. At least now I can get it to work without forking out £3 every time to put the images on a disk. And at least now I know there's nothing wrong with the camera and that it the user at fault.

Thanks very much all for the help. Expect further user error questions soon !!!

Platti.