Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:24 AM   #21
TC3

Yesterday was ok...went for a ride on the bike with my brother who has an R6 (0 - 60 in 3 seconds!) my poxy 125 kept up though:roll:

Anyways we went go karting which i had organized and then rode home. First time i was out on my bike for months and was hoping to go out again today but ....na i wanna stay warm....yes i can be a bit of a big woman at times :-)

Ian did you ever get those other filters you ordered?

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:27 AM   #22
TC3

By the way...Auto stitch outputs the photos at 10% thee original size....i just tried to output at 100% and it took for ever but quite a bit clearer

Tony
Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:03 PM   #23
TC3

Here is a pic at the widest setting
Attached Images

Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:06 PM   #24
TC3

I then swung the camera all over the place and took 15 pics in all....put it thru photo stitch and it works like a fisheye when you are so close to the subject. I was only standing 3 metres away from the house. Is this the end of wide angle tele converters?
Attached Images

Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:26 PM   #25

good results there tony!

stiching is a breeze in CS if you go to file>automate>photomerge.... dead simple! well kind of it doesnt adjust exposure but does do a clearer job that autostitch.... but hey... autostitch is free and does work very well!

i've just done another pyramids one in CS... took less that 5 mins.... didnt realise i had as many shots so i had done 2 panorama'a then stitched those 2 together to make one.... and here it is!
Attached Images

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:29 PM   #26

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Yesterday was ok...went for a ride on the bike with my brother who has an R6 (0 - 60 in 3 seconds!) my poxy 125 kept up though:roll:

Anyways we went go karting which i had organized and then rode home. First time i was out on my bike for months and was hoping to go out again today but ....na i wanna stay warm....yes i can be a bit of a big woman at times :-)

Ian did you ever get those other filters you ordered?

Yep got the Jessops filters +1 to +4 very good only tried them once been working away.... Ireland!

But looking at something a little more drastic got into the Close-up stuff, really enjoy it. So when I get the equipment together will post a new topic and some shots

Ian

EDIT:-

I'm looking at reverse 50mm lenses have just ordered the adapter 52mm to 52mm double thread that should be with me Monday/Tuesday.

Just looking on Ebay for lenses there are loads and most are less than £10!!!
This will give me an equivalent +20 dioptre with correction for CA.
KK, what would you go for? 35-70mm or 50mm? The 35-70mm allows a little distance between camera and subject but looking at some samples the results are excellent

Sorry for the off topic post

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:39 PM   #27
TC3

5teve wrote:
Quote:
good results there tony!

stiching is a breeze in CS if you go to file>automate>photomerge.... dead simple! well kind of it doesnt adjust exposure but does do a clearer job that autostitch.... but hey... autostitch is free and does work very well!
Steve

Autostitch is pretty good and if you control the file output you can achieve pics as clear as in CS but unless you have a super fast pc be prepared to wait while it does the job. I can definatly see myself using Autostitch a lot in the future!! The one i posted was seriously down sized and so it is unclear

Ian

Look forward to seeing the pics

Tony
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:05 PM   #28

tony

the one above without the pyramids was a 100% and took about 15 mins to do i think in autostitch. i dont think that is bad for 22 shots peiced together. it doesnt cope very well with moving objects within the shot. the guy over on the left turned around and back again. The autostitch version has him a bit fuzzy because of this, but the photoshop cs version doesnt. i have to say that autostitch does do a better job for some things tho. the one of lulworth cove was great in autostitch i roughly colour matched in cs and then let it work its magic. no moving objects so that made it really nice. amazing for free

i guess im on a steep learining curve as its not just a case of taking a stack of pictures and stitching. its getting the exposure right, minimising the moving objects and getting the spacing right.

i think the picture is too small to see the difference between this and the cs one.

Steve
Attached Images

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:45 PM   #29

Ian ....I'll send you a PM on the close-up stuff.

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:59 PM   #30
TC3

But KK

I would also benefit as well as a few others if you posted your comments on hear too as i have never used a revesed lens before myself

Tony