Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Apr 9, 2005, 7:04 PM   #1

When downloading to pc (XP), process only gets so far then chokes. I get a removable disk(F) icon but when double-clicked it thinks about it for a long time then gives up.

All is not lost because I have a SD-card port on my printer and that works fine but I'm afraid that the card door on the camera will wear out prematurely from removing the card repeatedly every time I want to download an image.

It would be cool if there was some sort of adapter that could go between the camera usb cable and the sd port on the printer!

Cheers

p.s. I did not download the 98 driver

lc10w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2005, 11:45 PM   #2
TC3

I have opened the sd card door hundreds of times and it is still as good as new. Sorry but can not help you with the downloading problem. Try a usb card reader as it will save wear and tear on the usb port on the camera.

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 4:18 AM   #3

i have the same problem too... are you using an athlon64 on an nforce 3 chipset by any chance? my boss has the same camera and has no issues. i get the feeling its platform dependant. best bet.... use a card reader as suggested. its what i have taken to doing now.

i gather you havent installed any camera drivers for use on xp? i guess not as you mentioned it.... but there are none required at all.

Thanks

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:21 AM   #4

Yeah, I guess you're right TC, if I was able to use the usb port I'd be opening that door the same number of times!

But I'm rapt with the 410, my film slr is now languishing in the back of the cupboard. Its a shame that the 410 doesn't come with its own dedicated driver/photoshop - my shitty old digital had one that was an absolute joy to download to - spastic proof!

Using the port on my printer gets me to where I should be on my pc so I'll stick with that. I just hate it when you buy something and it doesn't seem to do everything - no fault of the camera, I'm sure.

Incidently, I paid a wholesaler/importer NZ$374 (GBP-138.00) which I think I did pretty well considering they retail here in NZ for NZ$650.

lc10w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 8:49 AM   #5

Well, I have similar problems. I noticed, that if I have USB 2.0, process stops ( camera turns off), and I have to restart it. But if I have USB 1.1, then it works just fine. Strange.

Brane
luzer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 5:21 AM   #6

Go to Control Panel,then System ,then Hardware,then Device Manager.Go down to USB Controllers open that up,then double click on each USb Root Hub.Check that power management is not ticked to allow the computer to to turn off this device to save power,if it is ticked untick it and do it on each USB Root Hub.It might solve your problem,Cheers Alan
atcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 2:51 PM   #7

OK, Alan. That`s right solution. Thank`s.

Brane
luzer77 is offline   Reply With Quote