Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Apr 14, 2005, 3:23 AM   #1

Any one suggest where I can buy a battery charger for SL400R batteries?

By the way a great camera, guess it will have to last me awhile since they are not making them anymare.

WillWill
willlwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:59 AM   #2

I guess it depends where in the world you are!

Why not do your own Internet search on DP-780S charger and see if you can find someone in your country with an acceptable price. Kyocera recommend that you search the web for keyword "BCBP780"

E.g. in UK, A1-battery.co.uk have one for £16 inc VAT

BTW .....I have a spare KyoceraDPS-1, an excellent all country charger and BP-1000S battery, both surplus to requirements. (I swapped my S3L for the M410R). The battery will fit many Finecam S series cameras (but not the SL series)...but check your own first. UK/European members can contact me off-forum if you are interested at avery reasonableprice or some sort of swap/barter!

Cheers, KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 3:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, I am located in the U.S. Found a couple places that have third party battery chargers. Unsure about quality though. Like to find the charger that Kyocera was selling.

WillWill
Old Apr 14, 2005, 7:09 PM   #4

Hi WillWill ....this is KKKK :-)

Kyocera do not make/have not commissioned an official charger. The US website is where I found their recommendation to search for "BCBP780". They seem to think that this is a good product.

I had been told a few months ago that Kyocera Yashica UK were going to commission an independent charger ......but alas it looks like that is unlikely given the patheticdecision by Kyocera Japan that all European and UK employeesare under notice of the order of the golden boot!

All I can recommended is that you seek a reasonable guarantee from the retailer that you buy your charger from. Given that Kyocera (and most other camera makers) probably buy in generic chargers... I doubt that you will be worse off with an independent one!

It appears that you can still contact and obtain service of KYOCERA (not Contax) products from.

Kyocera Corporation
Panurgy Building
100 Ford Road
Denville, NJ 07834
Phone:1-800-421-5735

..... maybe they can assist you.

Good luck with your search .....KKKK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 10:44 PM   #5

KKK I will take a crack at odering one of third party chargers.

WillWill