Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:26 PM   #11

wolfgangw wrote:
Quote:
I thought I saw a sticker on a m410r that said "Made in Japan". My Rollei say "made in China". ?
I have no Kyocera M410R - but the bottom of the camera in the Review at dcresourde reads "ASSEMBLED IN CHINA - PARTS MADE IN JAPAN", and my Rollei just says "MADE IN CHINA".
I think there is no difference, as both cameras are made in china.
symmachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:49 PM   #12

My contacts suggest Kyocera will be putting their expertise in digital cameras to use in conjunction with Nokia in the mobile phone market ...telecommunications is Kyocera's main market anyway.

cheers,

Andy

Digiscoped.com
Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 5:17 PM   #13

I doubt if I could get any real sense out of what KY Japan might release. It appears difficult for people in their own subsidiaries to get the full picture!

They keep their cards VERY close to the chest ..... so close they appear sometimes to never be able to read them until the game is lost!

I still can not believe that Kyocera will completely drop out so completely from the "camera" (not phone) market, forever! But they are justas likely to drop back in!

I agree.... quite likely that Kyocera and the Rollei variant was sub-ed out to a Chinese producer. Possibly even the other-way around ........ I have heard of Chinese producers touting their latest offerings amongst the wider world .....with a "tick list" of features they can offer and the price per unit to produce your "customised" model so that you can stick your Canon/Kyocera/Fuji .......whatever name on it.

Just look at the number of 10x zooms that appeared at about the same time ....all the same lens assembly? OK the Kyocera had the RTUNE technology to add to it......others have IS or other bolt on goodies to make it shine .....but there were a lot of similar looking 10x lens assemblies going about!

If you really want to see pic'n'mix for the digital masses and what levels of lunacy Kyocera marketing stooped to in the final two years....look at this! 113 and probably more model variants! And then they just stopped (so they say?)! Did they just burn out?

(picture downsized and reformatted for forum format purposes)

Cheers, KK.
Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:30 PM   #14
TC3

Hi Guys

I am back to using the Kyocera for a bit after returning my dslr and the zoom lens. So might give some macro another go this weekend. Lets get posting some pics again!

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:50 PM   #15

blimey tony is the kyocera that good :blah:

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 8:33 AM   #16
TC3

5teve wrote:
Quote:
blimey tony is the kyocera that good :blah:

Steve

I ended up returning my 2nd 350D back to Jessops due to back focus problem. The Kyocera was able to focus exactly at the point i wanted while the Canon could not even with selecting the focus point. The viewfinder info is very hard to see and the LCD is useless in daylight unlike the Kyocera. i also found it uncomfortable to hold.

So the Nikon D50 is out in a few months and i will try that but it looks like the Kyocera is off to Italy for 10 days in June and i intend to do a lot of pic taking!

Tony
Old Apr 24, 2005, 8:40 AM   #17

Tony,

So your not too impressed with the 350D?
Is this just a fault with this camera, or all 350D's?

Have you tried any other DSLR's? Just thought about the Pentax IST D or the Minolta(Is that the one with image stabilizer in the body?)

So many to choose I would try all of them, after all it's a lot of money to shell out so may as well get the exact one you want, plus the longer you wait the more money you have and the newer models come out.....etc etc, then you would never buy one though!!:lol::lol::lol:

It was bad enough upgrading to the Kyocera luckily this had the best EVF I'd seen so it was an easy choice. bit different with the DSLR's though.

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:42 PM   #18
TC3

IanWgglswrth wrote:
Quote:
Tony,

So your not too impressed with the 350D?
Is this just a fault with this camera, or all 350D's?

Have you tried any other DSLR's? Just thought about the Pentax IST D or the Minolta(Is that the one with image stabilizer in the body?)

So many to choose I would try all of them, after all it's a lot of money to shell out so may as well get the exact one you want, plus the longer you wait the more money you have and the newer models come out.....etc etc, then you would never buy one though!!:lol::lol::lol:

It was bad enough upgrading to the Kyocera luckily this had the best EVF I'd seen so it was an easy choice. bit different with the DSLR's though.

Cheers Ian
The first 350D had pretty bad back focus. I tried everything and it could not give sharp focus at the selected focus point (user selectable) never mind what aperture i used and it always focused on a point 2 cms behind the point i chose. The LCD screen can hardly be seen in sunlight which is no good as you need to use the menus a lot. The camera felt awkward to hold after a while and i grew to hate the feel of the plastic as well. There are a few other things that got on my nerves.

Minolta one is massive and the Pentax Jpeg quality is not very good which is a shame as it has a great viewfinder. Nikon D70 felt good in my hands but it is rather large and so the Nikon D50 is gonna be perfect for my needs i can feel it....it will be out in 2 months.

So there you have it...Canon have some quality control issues !

Tony
Old Apr 25, 2005, 4:43 PM   #19

Cheers Tony,

Nice to know about some of the issues.
My dad is well pleased with his 300D, so I can tell him not to worry about the 350D.

It's a very difficult thing though, as what you feel uncomfortable with may be just what somebody else just loves.

Goes to show that all these reviews are ok upto a point but the only real review is by going and trying the cameras for yourself.

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 8:01 PM   #20
TC3

The 300D is a better designed camera and fit my hands much better and thats why i think the d50 will fit as it is a similar size. There is a hack firmware avaliable that opens up extra features for the 300d.....interested? I was going to get a black 300D but they anounced the Nikon D50 and i like the features better. It also uses SD cards . You will get some who moan ....that it lacks DOF preview button and some other things. DOF is useless on the low end dslr's due to the crap viewfinders compared to film slr's. Then again the nikon has a better layout and features the 350 lacks

2mp makes lil diference from 6 to 8 mp unless you make a habit of lots of cropping or print huge prints. It is more important you feel comfy and confident with the camera you buy in my opinion.

Tony