Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:21 PM   #1
TC3

So now we know Kyocera and Contax are to be no longer....this forum seems to be going the same way...........where are you all gone guys

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 5:11 PM   #2

Tony,

Still here just!
It has been very dead on here just lately.
I've been working away so not had chance to get online.
Sad thing is not really that much happening, when your away at work you don't get alot of chance to do anything else. So not a great deal to talk about.

I did buy the Jessops mini-pod you and KK bought, excellent little gadget, for the price hard to beat.
Just need to spend some time out taking photos....when I get a free weekend, only problem with working away the weekends go very fast catching up.

I think it's the same for all of us probably go mad again soon:lol:

Cheers

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 1:27 AM   #3
TC3

Hi Ian

Good to hear from you. Now you are will be looking forward to seeing some more close ups of yours. That tripod is good value for money for sure.

Been playing with the slr and a macro lens but can not get as close as your reversed lens set up. Now all we need is nice sunny days to get some good shots outdoors.

Ciao for now

Tony

Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:09 AM   #4

At least it seems to be good news on Kyocera/Contax service back-up. I've been promoting the Contax/Kyocera SL/U4R range for 12 months (for the specific needs of digiscopers), and there still seems to be stock around... it makes little real odds that Kyocera will not be producing more, they are still superb cameras for this specific task.

I feel a bit sorry for the few companies that have tooled-up to produce special Kyocera/Contax add-ons, but hopefully there's enough stock around for them to get some money back.

http://www.digiscoped.com/ContaxSL300RT.html
Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 9:43 AM   #5

Hi Folks .......... Been busy too!

It did all seem to go quiet very quickly, didn't it! It seem to happen just after the discussions with Kalypso ........ I hope we didn't scare everyone off! Could be just pure coincidence ....mind you!

When I get a chance, I'll see if there is anything worth posting from my last efforts.

Cheers, KK.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 2:23 PM   #6
TC3

Hi KK

A doubt Kalypso scared anyone off with his nosey parker attitude :-)

Good to hear you are still around too

Hi to you too andy...i use to live in bushey which is pretty close to you

Tony
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:04 AM   #7

i guess we are all busy then!

RIP indeed! what am i going to get when the M410 is up for renewal? looks like i'll have to go to full dslr next!

KK do you know if kyocera are still producing for rollei? it seems like they should be as rollei anounced the 410 based camera just before kyocera said they were stopping production.

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:53 AM   #8

I'll try to find out ....... my guess is that there was a batch produced on M410R chassis with Rollei cases added ....so they will be available until that batch is sold .....or, more, likely in Rollei's case ....until they buy in a higher spec model from another source.

I don't think Rollei make digital cameras ...all their models seem to be versions of someone else's. Rollei may not be alone in this strategy!

Cheers, KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:00 AM   #9

Hi everybody,
me was busy too. I had to paint the walls and install some new kitchen furniture.
Could it be possible that they produce the m410r and the rollei dk4010 at some different places? I thought I saw a sticker on a m410r that said "Made in Japan". My Rollei say "made in China". Could it be that Kyocera just stops producing in Japan (or should I say assembling?!?) and continue to produce cameras for OEM's (like Rollei)?

Cheers Wolfgang
wolfgangw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:06 PM   #10

thats exactly what i was going to post wolfgang....

KK can you find out if they are stopping producing cameras full stop.... or if they are going into the OEM market... then they can produce in probably one place and get larger batch qty's without having any kind of marketing / service overhead. it makes sense i guess as their technology although pretty old now is still cutting edge where speed is concerned......

does it sound feasable?

Thanks

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote