Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 2, 2005, 10:30 AM   #11

A terrible case of red-eye?

Cheers, KK

Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 12:20 PM   #12
TC3

Hi guys

good to see all these macro shots of insects i would not normally see! Have a bad flu and throat and ear infection so no pics frm me. Back to bed

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 12:28 PM   #13

Hope you feel better soon, Tony.

Cheers, KK

p.s. Most of my insect shots are of fairly common UK insects! You just have to get out into the local countryside, park or even yourgarden ....and look more closely than you normally would ...say .... on a ramble. Expect to get mucky knees!

Oh! Unless your spouse, children ....dog(not a good idea!)are particularly patient .... best to let them ramble off somewhere else and meet up with them later. Insect photography can take awhile to do!

Old May 3, 2005, 4:21 PM   #14
TC3

Cheers KK am beginning to get over it but now the poor wife has caught it!!

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:40 AM   #15

Roll out the barrel! Liverpool Docks on an overcast day.
Attached Images

Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:31 PM   #16

Ok I feel like a total idiot. All this lens talk can make a person dizzy. Is there any way to figure it all out in easy to understand terms. I would love to be able to just take awesome photos and be able to dissect them as you all are able to do to find every little problem and learn also how to fix.

First I need a good place to completely learn about aperatures, shutter speed and the combination of the two. Lenses, lenses, lenses and how they work and what is best for this particular camera (M410R) I would like the telephoto and wide angle. ( ps not to expensive).

I take candid photos of my children, and tons of sports photos (at long telephoto lengths) and of course sports action shots.

I need clarity for those long distance shots, I need virtually no shutter lag (will be using continuous mode a LOT).

I am a beginner and would love to be 1/4 as talented as you all and actually knowing what I am doing will just be bonus :blah:

Thank you in advance for any support, guidance and information

Elizabeth
Star2Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:44 AM   #17

Elizabeth ...... you have removed yourself already from the ranks of the "Total Idiots" .... as soon as you found your way here! You've shown the necessary wherewithal to LOOK and INQUIRE and QUESTION (the info)....... in my book that lifts you right out of the category and way up the list already!

Recommending suitable sources of "Simple Digital Photography" is like trying to suggest which wallpaper to buy ........... it will be down to a matter of taste whether you like the way it "looks" or not. Try doing a search on keywords like "Digital, Photography, Simple, Beginner" in a search engine and browse a few websites until you find one that presents the info to your own taste.

If anyone can recommend websites......sing out.

For not-too-expensive add on lenses .......look at the suggestions here ....it's a pretty good thread......

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=19&page=1

there is a link there to this thread ....which is also good to read .........

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

As far as long focal length is concerned .....I've mentioned this before ........ one might question the use of a point and shoot camerafor shots that requirevery long focal length lenses ....... the M410R already goes to 370mm (equiv) optically ....which can be pretty hard to handhold at normal ISO and light settings .....and goes to a telescopic, moon grabbing, 1480mm(equiv) digitally. Even at the optical setting of 370mm the camera will often require additional support to use .....and I'd like to meet "Steady Eddie" who can handhold 1480mm! :-)

Kids!.....Children! .....Brrrr.........I'll stick to insects! ....their movements are less rapid and more predictable than children! :PAnyone who tries to shoot (with a camera!) Kids deserves a medal for persistence! (OK It's just my 2p's worth!)

Hope this helps ....Cheers, KK
Old Jul 7, 2005, 1:43 PM   #18

KK Thank you so much for your advice in both posts :-)

I just found this that some one posted and the site is VERY informative for a beginner so anyone else looking check it out...

http://www.photoxels.com/digital-pho...tutorials.html

My camera should be here on Monday July 11, 2005. I am very excited to get started. I can't imagine taking the quality of photos you have all managed without years of practice and learning behind me. So not sure if you will see any picture posts from me. But, who knows if I grab something amazing you will be the first to see it, because at least I know you will truly appreciate the effort that goes into catching that one amazing shot.

Still watching for more picture posts...keep up the good work all!

Elizabeth
Old Jul 7, 2005, 2:26 PM   #19

I think you hit a good starter site there, Elizabeth.

All your shots may not be winners (just like mine!) ....but what the heck .... there's always the magic of the delete button instead of binning the costly print or slide :-)

You gotta post something....or we won't post any more pics...... either!

Cheers, KK.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 2:33 PM   #20

Touchet!

You got me there. Camera will be here soon! Not soon enough, but soon. Though I won't be going anywhere exciting till August. And not that exciting at that just visiting the parents on the coast for vacation. But, might come up with a picture or two :blah:.

Cheers back at ya!

Elizabeth