Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 6, 2005, 1:43 AM   #11

Thanks for that k.k. I wasn't aware there was a Earl of Sefton,or a village of Sefton.

I do have a MT. Sefton, in the South islandsSouthern Alpsof N.Z.named after a

Great Grandfather X 3.

The next shot is a abstract, taken against the light intele macro with 2 x. close up.

Have guess at what it is? Silly exercise I know.

Cheers.
Attached Images

seftonearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 6:17 AM   #12

Something weird in a glass jar? Pickled Kiwi gizzards? :-)

Here is an extract from a Sefton Council webpage ....the church previously shown is the Parish Church mentioned below.

Sefton is the name of the former parish in the West Derby Hundred which has given its name to the new Metropolitan Borough, thus preserving the continuity of a name which has been associated with the area for over 1,000 years. Thought to be derived from the Norse self - meaning sedge or rush and tun, Sefton was the seat of the Molyneux family for many centuries until the last lord of the Manor, the Earl of Sefton, died without issue in 1972.

[align=justify]The most important building in Sefton today is undoubtedly the Parish Church. Dedicated to St Helen, the parish was founded in 1170 though much of the present church was extensively rebuilt in the 16th Century leaving too little of the older building standing to give much clue as to its earlier form. Of great interest in the church today are the lovely rood screen, the octagonal pulpit dated 1635 and carved pew ends, memorial brasses and monuments. In the churchyard in the angle between the chancel and the south aisle of the exterior of the church can be found the Sadler Memorial. These are the gravestones of Adam Sadler and his son, John. John Sadler discovered the art of printing, from engraved copper plates, onto pottery.[/align]

[align=justify][/align]

[align=justify]Cheers, KK
[/align]
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:34 AM   #13

Thanks for all the History Kk. theres no doubt you learn something every day.

I was feeing better today so took Rosa and the camera to a favorite Park.

Its a very English Park quite large with some of the biggest trees in the country,well

one.This is in the City of Hastings a sister to the 1066 one.

It was hard to chose a pic as I got some great shots of back-lit Autumn leaves but

have already posted a not so good one.

By the way, you were right, its was a plum jam jar. Cheers.
Attached Images

Old May 7, 2005, 7:43 AM   #14

It looks very English ....except for one thing ............ where is all the litter? :P

Maybe I shouldn't ask .....but the contents of the jar doesn't look like jam!

Cheers, KK.
Old May 8, 2005, 10:13 PM   #15

Well K.K. theres not much litter to clean up.

The pic was taken on Saturday so no staff are working. They do have someone go

round with a bucket each morningduring the week, and empty the rubbish bins into

a small trailer.

Therewas home made plum jam in that jar.

I tryed to take some action shots on Sunday when I ran Rosa in a Agility event.

I did not go about it the right way, they are a bit dismal. Sport scene, CAF, 2 frames

a sec, Wide focus, evaluative metering, review turned off. Where did I go wrong?.

I only got one early frame and had no time to sort it out.The black Dog is Sheba, Very

fast.
Attached Images

Old May 9, 2005, 11:56 PM   #16

There have not been many portraits taken by the cameras in these forums.

This may be because members don't like posting pics of people they know on the

web.

Should you get their permission 1st, ???????.....

I am not happy with this one, It needed to be spot metered on the face to overcome

the BLACK uniform. I forgot.

I had to burn in the face and hand to save the image , so will have to retake the pic

when I get the chance.
Attached Images

Old May 10, 2005, 3:12 PM   #17

And a nice portrait of a St John's Officer too!

This is a tricky shot whichever way you try to improve it! Black uniform and side lit by a close window .....lots of contrast there! Did you use a reflector?

On the other hand ....a classic formal pose, showing the organisation, and a non-distracting background does the shot credit. One for the wall, nicely framed ....and I'd love to see an improved one!

Thanks for posting ....... KK
Old May 11, 2005, 1:57 AM   #18

No I did not use a reflector, I had to burn in the left side of the face a lot. The hand was also very pale.and I did not manage to get much detail from it.

However I am very new to Photo-shop so cant expect to much at this stage. I need to go on a course or observe a expert at work.( they are often so quick you cant learn much anyway)

The next shot is one I am happy with. It was taken at the departure lounge of the local Airport.I think its a great shot, The Mother is visually impaired so I know I wasn't going to get her eyes in advance.

I was handed another digital, (2x the price of the Kyocera) and told to take the same shot. !. it was set on the lcd, 2 .I could not work out when or if it was in focus,3 there was no indication as to when the shot was taken.4 . there was a terrible lag from the press of the shutter.My camera is set up with the shutter noise at +3, and it fires when I want. FANTASTIC.

Attached Images

Old May 12, 2005, 5:32 AM   #19

Hi again,

Please feel free to answer some of the questions i have asked in some of the above posts.

I have been using my camera each day and I am now wondering when I will get sick of it.(or that you lot will get sick of me).

I am getting better HEALTH-WISE so took my dogfor a real walk, only five min drive from home but there is a stream,bush, and rabbits.

This is the best shot I got however, the awful PowerPylon's set off by Natures light.

370mm, landscape focus, spot metered. I am Happy, thats H A P P Y .
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2005, 4:58 PM   #20

Hi seftonearl

Really nice pictures and you sure know what your doing.

.I can only learn from your posts.

Keep it up, and keep posting, No way will you bore us with what I consider as very good quality pics.

Bye

Gerrard

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote