Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 12, 2005, 6:40 PM   #21
mmj

Hi :-)

I have just got a Rollei dk4010 (the same as M410R), it works perfectly and it is a lot better than my old SLR. The best is that the family can see the pics shortly after it is taken.

The pics is shows a swan from H.C. Andersens house in Odense in DK

Morten
Attached Images

mmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 5:27 AM   #22

Hi Seftonearl ......keep posting .....we won't get bored!

It's good to hear that a more expensive camera didn't measure up in terms of usability. RTUNE is one of the cameras real strengths.

A greetings to mmj from Denmark. I think this is the first shot from a Rollei version of the M410R that we have seen. And something from HCA's house too ..... that's something you aren't likely to see everyday!

mmj .... tell us what you think of the Rollei and what your impressions of the packaging and instructions are like. It would be interesting to see if their are any differences from the Kyocera version. Is there any hint in the packaging that the camera is a clone of the M410R?

(Edit: I forgot ....I think Wolfgangw posted some DK4010 shots ....sorry!)

Cheers, KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 6:17 AM   #23

Yes, I think Rollie picked a winner in the Kyocera Clone, the Rollie name may sell a

few more units. I hadn't heard of Kyocera in NZ , its not marketed well and Ionly

found it online. This forums poststipped the balance as it were. However I

haveowned 2 Rollie TLRs over the years.

I have to get a bit boring again with another of the Autumn pics .

Tele macro 370mm spot focus and metered 100 asa.

Attached Images

seftonearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 2:32 PM   #24
TC3

Hi to our new members....seftonearl, stitch and mmj

Glad the community is growing and keep those pics coming. Seftonearl you have posted some good pics there.

I myself will not have much time to take pics until we go to Italy in 3 weeks when i hope to catch some pics worth posting.

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 11:02 AM   #25
mmj

Hi

I can´t see anyany hint in the packaging that the Rollei dk4010 camera is a clone of the M410R

I think that the camera is a lot more handy to use compared to my old SLR, and there is a lot of utilities to manual settings in EXT. mode.

It issmart, that the batteries are ordenary AA ones insted of speciel ones,you can´t buy anywhere.

My daughter was in a amateur theatre (a minor role in Pippi longstocking) during the practice I took a couple of hundreds pics. but itwas difficult because of the weak light.

I also bougth a SanDisk 1GB SD Extreme III memorycard. It is very fast (20 Mb/sec)

Morten

Data about Rollei dk4010 http://www.rollei.de/index_e.html

Online shop for memorycards ... http://www.d4you.de/templates/produc...DSDX3-1024-902

mmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 12:46 AM   #26

Kyocera M410R Impressions.

I have used the camera for a while and have settled on a few favoritesettings.

The LCD is off. Because the EVF has more pixels is clearer and I use the diopter.

(Not waiting for the review in the LCD makes next shots faster as well.)

The beeps are off.

The shutter sound is+ 3 so you can hear that.

I use spot focus and also spot metering.

You can see the result of spot metering in the EVFas you lock on to different areas in the frame.I can nail difficult exposures faster and get a more accurate result.

I use the EXT setting on aperture priority.

With exposure information in the viewfinder you can quickly moves the shutter speed up to stop movement or downto gain depth of field with the use of aa smaller aperture.

Forthe bestpics use 100 ASA and fine quality. ( much less noise).

These settings wont suite everyone but I have been quite pleased with the resultson- screen and only hope thatprints will be as good.

This latest picture is of a Bottle Brush scrub in my garden. 350mm macro 5.6

Attached Images

Old May 15, 2005, 6:32 AM   #27

Thanks for the information and the links you posted, Morten.

I too like cameras that use AA batteries, despite the fact that this usually means a slightly bulkier, heavier camera than it's Lithium rivals. It's a trade-off I am quite willing to take ...... it proved useful last Thursday (just before the incident with my bike and SL300RT* theft). Both sets of rechargeable batteries I had for the M410R were showing low charge. so I popped into a local shop and got 4 Alkaline AA's, I continued touse these until myshooting was cut short by the thief. The swine got the 8 dead rechargeables too, I'd thrown them in the bike pannier!

I'm intrigued by the fact that the DK4010 and M410R are obviously clones but the Rollei has the lens described as a D-VarioApogon, while the Kyocera says it'snothing more grand than a Kyocera 10x zoom lens! I'd love to know the real source of this lens!

Cheers, KK
Old May 15, 2005, 6:51 AM   #28

Wow! That's one highly saturated colourful shot of the bottle-brush! Is that how it came out of the camera ....if so, that's stunning colour!

Your preferred settings are very close to mine! I wonder if most users settle on this eventually!

The EVF and dioptre control is a boon for people who would need spectacles (like me) touse the LCD! You would need a real powerful setof glasses too in order to get the LCD to appear the same apparent size as the EVF! All in all, the EVF is a winner on this camera ....... and apparently out-classes many rival EVF's too, according to several reviewers/users.

Cheers, KK
Old May 16, 2005, 4:32 AM   #29

Thanks KK. I thought you needed some bright colors to cheers you up afterthe

second mostunfortunate incident you have shared with us. (camera theft.)

I have increased brightness and contrast a tad as I might make a print of some of my

pictures and have found in the past, (film) that theyprint a little dark.

I amnot equipped with acalibrated monitor . I will order one enlargement to see

how the print compares with my screen and tone it down if required.

The following pic is of the first persimmon on a tree I planted only 12 months ago.

Attached Images

Old May 16, 2005, 2:23 PM   #30

Another excellent exposure!

Cheers, KK