Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 8, 2005, 12:54 AM   #1

how do adjust the settings on M410R to achieve a photo with depth of field?

pls advise..
stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2005, 4:51 AM   #2

Hi Stitch ...... as you know .... adjusting the "amount" of depth of field is usually done by adjusting the aperture.

To adjust the aperture to a particular setting, switch the camera to EXT Mode and use the menu buttonto change the AE mode to APER PRTY (Aperture Priority). You will find this menu setting on the second page, it' thethe "Camera M" symbol (SETTINGS is the caption).

Use the left and right buttons on the joy-pad to change the aperture to the setting you desire. The shutter speed will automatically adjust itself according to the metered conditions. Once you use this mode ...I bet you will always use it!

Naturally, you can set a desired shutter speed in a similar manner. Use the menu button to set the AE mode to SHTR PRTY (Shutter Priority).

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 12:17 PM   #3

Hi Kyocera kid,

try a couple of times.. didnt turn out what i want it to be... will continue to work on it to achieve the DOF.
Old May 28, 2005, 3:48 PM   #4

Stitch ...... how aboutposting a few shots ..... maybe one or two of the ones nearest what you want to do. I could try to help.

Cheers, KK
Old May 29, 2005, 3:39 AM   #5
TC3

Just remember if you use the zoom at tele end then the depth of field is far less than used at the wide end

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:25 PM   #6

Hi guys,

this is my testing shot. finally i'm able to shoot a picture with D.O.F
Attached Images

Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:02 PM   #7

Hi Stitch .... didn't realise that it was a close-up shot you wanted ...... the depth of field is bound to be quite small for these types of shots ...... just go for the smallest aperture you can .... by providing lots of light, and follow the suggestions I made earlier.

Yum! The photo makes the siew mai look good enough to eat straight off the screen .... but do I detect a green cast from fluorescent lights or similar?

Cheers, KK
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:29 PM   #8
TC3

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
Hi Stitch .... didn't realise that it was a close-up shot you wanted ...... the depth of field is bound to be quite small for these types of shots ...... just go for the smallest aperture you can .... by providing lots of light, and follow the suggestions I made earlier.

Yum! The photo makes the siew mai look good enough to eat straight off the screen .... but do I detect a green cast from fluorescent lights or similar?

Cheers, KK
Whatever that is it dont look yum!
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:01 PM   #9

Tony ... I bet you are a Steak, chips and peas man! If you were brought (dragged) up in Liverpool, you'd be spoiled for choice too for Chinese food! We got some cracking Chinese restaurants in our historic China town!

Cheers, KK
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:24 AM   #10
TC3

Well my fav food is Italian as i am Italian. I enjoy certain dishes from Indian and Chinese foods but dislike a lot of em

Tony