Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 13, 2005, 6:17 AM   #1

Ha! Now that I've got your attention ...... I can reveal that this is no sinister plot to rubbish a Kyocera/Contax camera! On the contrary, I want another one!

Simply ..... avoid buying a Black Contax SL300RT* serial No. DR032076. It was mine ....and it was stolen yesterday! I guess this mainly applies to UK buyers .... but what with Ebay, and all, it could possibly be seen anywhere! If you see one advertised.....let me know!

Along with that camera, two aux lenses for the M410R disappeared. My home made close-up lens (the 135mm front elements) as seen in

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

It looks like the serial no. is 51332

......and my Yashica wide angle aux lens .....as seen in

I never could figure out if the code Y211 was a serial no. or a model number ....because I have an older battered one with Y601 on it!

This older one does have a habit of either cross-threading or sometimes it seems so loose that it will drop off the filter adapter ....... but I guess that will have to do until I find a better one!

For those who know me ........ the old "Beastie" push bike is what was stolen .....

inside the pannier bag was the items above and the usual credit cards, mobile phone (all cancelled now!) and a flask of coffee and a Ham sandwich ....I hope the sc*mb*g who got it chokes on the butty! Now I have to also endure the rigours of the Insurance Claims procedure too

On the good side ....I still have my cycle helmet (I was wearing it at the time of theft) ....and best of all ..... I still have the M410R .... which I was holding at the time!

Down ...but not out ......KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2005, 9:38 AM   #2

Hey KK and everyone else.

well my first time on here in a while and something else has happened with your bike!

sorry to hear about it proper bad luck and all the more reason to start shooting scum (sorry.... it gets on my nerves that we work so hard for what we have got and people are kind of of the opinion now that you dont have to work you can just take!) i keep on saying to the G/f if you do everything you get nothing if you do nothing you get everything.... if you follow my drift?

at least you have the 410 left... shame about all those lenses tho. carrying that lot around no wonder you dont notice that 12v SLA battery :?oh dear mentioning that i bet you will have to sort those lights all out again..... not good!

again sorry to hear of your news KK hope everything is ok other than that!

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 10:52 AM   #3

Thanks Steve ....... Yeah! ...I'm no weight-weeny! Why bother with my bulk! (yes, that's bulk not bike!) ....... sorry if the rest of the message bores you happy-snappers who aren't into bikes! ..... but there is a photo related twist at the end

The SLA is still in the shed (with charger!)! Alas, the bike-lights have gone AWOL with the bike! I can only look on the bright (:lolside and see this as an opportunity to regard previous attempts as experimentation .... andnow Ican build a new set based on what I've learned.

Steve, you and my Dad should meet ..... he'd pull the trigger if you held the gun!

I'm busy trying to rescue my 30 year old rust bucket road bike to see if I can get it ridable without throwing money down the drain. If I can get it to be somewhere near safe to ride, I'll be happy ....... I'd go nuts if I didn't get a ride for 3 days, let alone the 3 or more weeks the Insurance company say it will take to settle (I bet that's an optimistic estimate!)

One nice point today (after I posted original message) ...... . Iphoned upLiverpool Church Street Lloyds/TSB to thank the very nice lady who help me cancel one of my credit cards.She could see I was upset ... (something like that happening right next to you kinda unsettles you for awhile) ....so she made me a cup of coffee ...... even offered me one of her biscuits from her own lunch whenI mentionedmine was in the bike!

Well, I spoke to her this morning and thanked her ....and got a nice surprise ....... she said that my Aux wide-angle lens must have dropped out of my pocket when I sat down in her office to drink the coffee! She had it there in the office and realised it was mine! With all the bother going on ..... I did not realise that I had shoved the lens in my pocket (silly tracksuit pockets - near useless!) instead of back in the bike. My partner will pick it up later today.

So, Hooray! One less rare thing to recover ....... and a big thank you to the Lady in the Lloyds TSB. :love:

BFN KK

Old May 13, 2005, 11:13 AM   #4

hi KK

good new on the aux lense front KK very nice of the lady.... to give you the biscuits :lol:.... you'd of been hard pushed to separate me from them! i may look a bit silly in my lycra (photographic horror!) but at least i dont have any pockets to forget things in.... mind you i get that hot when im cycling that i couldnt wear traccy bottoms anyway!

I hope that yuor insurance will pay out on everything...funny sods that they can bei make sure that i get everything covered really well..... my road bike is insured for £1500 and the mountain bike for £900! cost a little bit more but at least i dont get stung. 3 weeks seems a bit harsh too.. is that because its stolen? i had my old broken (dropped) camera sorted in 2 days! i was quite impressed with that. they didnt even want to see it they just payed out!

if your looking for new lights kk i was looking on chainreaction and they sell the electron lights as spares. you'll need the bracket too (or make one) but i think they are mr11 or 16 at least you have your battery!

spares listed here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/C...CategoryID=257

if you looking for a cheapish bike and want a frame

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

seem to go for about £50 ish seem pretty good too... i was thinking about one. you have to get everything else tho... may be a good long term jobbie!

edit .... just noticed he's based in manchester too... not a million miles from you is it?

if i can offer any help with bits (not that i have many) or anything give me a shout. anything to help!

sorry for the very uncameraesque post.... i did mention lense and photographic tho :G

i doubt they will.... but i hope they get the scum that nicked your stuff KK. your dad would have to fight me to pull the trigger!

Steve

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 2:17 PM   #5
TC3

Hi KK

Sorry to hear some scum stole your bike and other stuff. At least you have the wide angle aux which is more use than the tele but i know it breaks the set up.

Good thing you have the insurance to help you get some new stuff but i can imagine how nervous you will feel leaving things unattended for even a second.

Always happens to the nice guys....so that means i have nothing to worry about :-)

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 3:39 PM   #6

Hi KK,

Again can only second all thats been said previously!!
Reminds me when I lived in Nottingham, Stopped one night by the police who went round the whole of my car checking everything!!! My car must of been the only legit car in St Ann's (Steve will know this place somewhere you don't want to live!! Where everybody has been shot lately!)
Anyway they go through my car and find nothing wrongI get homenota great deal left....smashed in back door loads gone...everything downstairs apart from sofa!!
I call the cops and the 2 muppets who stopped me turn up.......I did tell them how good I thought they were:blah:

Hope you get everything sorted out quickly and easily KK, I know how it feels bloody awful, then the anger starts!!

At least you still have the M410R and they didn't attack you......had thatas well in St Anns very scarey.

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 2:59 PM   #7

He! He! KK is mobile again ....without using his death-trap 25+ year old bike! I was reluctant to spend even £25 on tyres and tubes on this old heap because it would be good money going on bad! I wondered if it would be easy to find a cheap and cheerful used bike that I could ride for a few weeks until the Insurance Co. cough up the money!

On Sunday, I saw an ad in a local supermarket ....... "Gents and Ladies Mountain Bikes, 2 years old, hardly used. £50 for the pair ... need the space."

Was I like around to the house in a flash! Indeed, two slightly dusty, but almost brand-new Mountain bikes were brought out, and the very trustworthy owners explain it was a case of good intentions never being brought to fruit. Apart from 4 flat-ish tyres they looked spick-and-span.

OK, theyare only real budget models ... they were an instant safe ride! Andtwo for the price of one ....too! Also ... there was a dastardly plot on my part to get my boss .... (her-in-doors!) to take up leisure cycling ... He! He! I'd never have got away with this under normal circumstances!

Anyway we all like pics so here they are.......

Cheers, KK
Attached Images

Old May 16, 2005, 3:01 PM   #8

And Angie's .....if I can get her on it!

BFN KK
Attached Images

Old May 16, 2005, 3:29 PM   #9

Nice KK,

You did really well to get them both for that price!!!

Happy travels ( I was going to say ride!!!!)

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:13 AM   #10
TC3

Great price KK!!!!! Apollo are Halfords brand i think so they should do the job

Talking about bikes....have decided against a new slr and am going for a motorcycle course and test instead. So the M410R stays by my side

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote