Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:32 PM   #11

Nah! If Potatoes grew on trees ...the Irish would have them ..... (substitute, Italian, Spanish, Belgian ....English! .... or whoever you feel is appropriate for your region!) :-)

Cheers, KK.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 9:03 AM   #12

Hi KK

talking of poatoes, here are some

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=62

Bye

G
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:03 AM   #13

Ha! I was going to say ..."Where?" .... but I spotted the tatties near the middle!

My replacement bits have arrived! A nice shiny new SL300RT* (black) plusspare batteries and 2 x 512MB Kingston Elite Pro High speed rated (doesn't say how high!). Lifetime warranty! I left it to my supplier to use his judgment on which cards he would send ....as I was getting a real good deal off him. The camera was supplied with a 128MB Microdia 72x XtraPro SD in the box too! I've been using a 256KB version in the M410R ...no problems.. but then at a claimed 72x read and write .....why should there be!

What do you lot make of all this high-speed claim .... partial hype or what? Are there just slower cards and faster cards ....full stop?

Just looked up the Kingston site ...the Elite Pro's are 50xwrite. They now do Ultimate line at 133x!! The Dane-Elex SD Xs's I've been using seem to be rated at 60xread, 38xwrite. Some reviewers claim the Kingston Elite Pro are 65xread.

I'll report back on findings with all the cards I now have, in the near future. I'll risk any possible x-posting jibes by adding a link to this message in the recent memory thread!

It's real good to have the SL300RT* back ....better give it a good checking-over today and tomorrow, after the batteries have charged. I might look out for an independent BP-780 charger ....to save charging in-camera. One of the spare batteries is a Hahnel (HL-780 marked Kyocera type).... they might make a charger!

Got to check out the new M410R too .....before 'er-in-doors (a.k.a. the boss)nabs it!

BFN KK
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:31 PM   #14
TC3

KK

You are better of now than before the theft...new bikes and cameras and cards.....must leave my gear lying about in the open somewhere
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:49 PM   #15

I don't advise the experience and the hassle!

Also, remember that virtually all of the gear was no more than a year old ....so condition wise I really don't notice the difference!

I guess with careful buying and the generosity of my supplier ... I am a little better off ....a better spec bike, bigger memory cards, an extra set of batteriesand maybe a new Raynox (if I ever get to try one!) instead of my homemade macro (which was a little cracker ... I miss it already!)

Cheers, KK.

Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:55 PM   #16

Oh..... forgot .... the extra M410R and the extra NiMH charger and batterieswere paid for out of my own pocket .... Boy! Was that hard to prise that wallet open, or what! :-)

Angie's chubby chops are beaming while she plays withthe M410R...... taken to it like a duck to water! Will I get my Contax 137MA back ....we will see!

Cheers, KK