Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:11 AM   #1

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=88638

very very cheap for a 66x read and write....

Enjoy :-)

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:14 AM   #2

Hi Steve

last week I received a 1gb sandisk ultraII after bidding on e-bay for 38 pounds sterling.

The supplier were blueproton.co.uk.

http://inv.edeal.com/edealinv/servle...vm&qty_8=1

Bye

G

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:46 PM   #3

Tell me O Wise Ones ...... is it better to have 1 x 1GB or 2x 512KB ....or even 4 x 256KB cards ......from the point of view of card failure, shooting categories, back-ups and other reasons I may not have thought of :-).

Your considered advice is sought as I have the option to buy replacements for my stolen 256KB's, now that the insurance have settled up.

I should also get my new replacement SL300RT* soon (and another M410R for the boss ..... Angela ....... to play with ......this might mean I get my Contax 137MA back ...He! He! ....... eeerrrr ..... then again it might not .... Imay have to play crafty on this one!)

Lemme know you opinions on your respective card purchases too!

Cheers, KK.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:00 PM   #4

Hi all,

I'm back!!

What a mad couple of months!! away all week BBQ's at weekends shocking!

Anyway my opinion is to have smaller cards and more of them.
I've not heard of a SD card being corrupt but I don't want to be the one that reports it:-)

So I would have 512mb cards but a few of them, may even goto a 1mb card all though this holds 527 shots.......seems an awful lot to lose if it goes pear shaped.

What do you prefer kk?

Cheers Ian

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:13 PM   #5

Hi Ian ...... Sounds like a quote from Poltergeist ..... Carol Anne ...."They're baaaaaack!"

I really don't know Ian ...that's why I value all your opinions! I've managed upto now on a few 256MB cards, occasionally filling them in a session, and plonking in a blank one,then downloading them at home later. If I geta chance, I do some ruthless editing in the field and free up space.

But what do you people do when you are on a one or two week holiday? Take every card you've got and be ruthless with the editing after viewing them at night? I don't have a laptop!

Hey! Wouldn't it be good to be able to connect your USB lead from the camera upto a USB pendrive, or similar,directly and dump the card content onto the drive ... no pc required? Are there simple mass storage devices that either accept the card directly or via the camera? By simple, I also mean relatively cheap (compared to a pc).... most of the ones that Steve reviews seem to cost best part of the way there to buying a laptop!

Ideas please!

Cheers, KK.

Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:36 PM   #6

MMMM,

I don't take the laptop:-

1. It's belongs to the company and I've already had one nicked out of the car!

2. At airports you have to get it out of the case and turn it on to prove it's a laptop!!
I don't even take it to Germany to our parent company any more too much hassle.

I like the idea of the pen drive and I haveone but it's only 128mb.

KK, My boss has bought one of those viewers, storage devices, it was very expensive when he bought it as they hadn't been out long, but I think it has a 40GB hard drive so plenty of space for shots.

Just checked with warehouse express smartdisk do three 20gb, 40gb and 80 gb starting at £169 my boss said it's fantastic and he has taken it on holiday with him.

He looked around for months choosing so it can't be that bad( earns loads and tight as a ducks...........)

They may have come down and I think there are more companies making them.

Cheers Ian
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:03 PM   #7

Thanks Ian .... interesting! I must delve more.

I have the latter attribute of your Boss..... unfortunately not the former!

Cheers, KK.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:17 PM   #8

KK,

I think we are all the same!

This one is £129 for 40GB I think that is more than enough for most people!

You can't view picture on here though, but you can always review them on the camera first.

For the extra £40 I think I would go for the £169 smartdisk this is still more than enough capacity for a 2week holiday and you can review them on the screen.

What would it cost in fast SD cards to get 20GB?

Cheers Ian
Old Jun 28, 2005, 3:56 AM   #9
TC3

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
Tell me O Wise Ones ...... is it better to have 1 x 1GB or 2x 512KB ....or even 4 x 256KB cards ......from the point of view of card failure, shooting categories, back-ups and other reasons I may not have thought of :-).

Your considered advice is sought as I have the option to buy replacements for my stolen 256KB's, now that the insurance have settled up.

I should also get my new replacement SL300RT* soon (and another M410R for the boss ..... Angela ....... to play with ......this might mean I get my Contax 137MA back ...He! He! ....... eeerrrr ..... then again it might not .... Imay have to play crafty on this one!)

Lemme know you opinions on your respective card purchases too!

Cheers, KK.
KK

Good to hear insurance has paid up. I would get 2 x GB cards. The viewer Ian mentioned i have seen in action and it holds a heck of a lot of pics, music and dvd's. Excellent if you want to take on holiday or show pics on however it will mean being weighed down with extra kit and the charger. You would still need 2 cards in case one became damaged or full during an event which is why i prefer 2 x 1GB.....lots of space for a few short emergency movies

If you can afford 2 cards and the viewer go for it!

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:42 PM   #10

my personal preference is 512mb cards. i have 2 of them plus i have a couple of legacy slow 256mb's as a backup incase they get full.

i dont know why i prefer them i guess data security but lose 1/2gig or a gig of photo's its still too much! like i say personal preference oh and 2 x 512mb's are / were generally cheaper than 1 1gig card.

just my 2 penneth...

by the way... Hi all... looks like we have all been busy :lol:

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote