Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 1, 2005, 2:32 AM   #1

I've had the camera for about 8 months, with great results, but two days ago, I took a picture of my girlfriend as she was leaving, then as a joke of my younger brother. The image of my brother froze on the lcd.I waited a few mins then tried to power off, change the mode, and press every button on the camera. I removed the batteries; replaced them and tried to turn the camera on, nothing. So I charged them overnight, and tried again still nothing.

I even dis-assembled the camera to see if I could find anything wrong. Everything looked fine, so I thought maybe the ?CPU? was stuck in a loop, so I drained the small battery thats inside the camera to see if a clean memory would fix it. Nothing.

I'm clueless. Any help would be great. Does Kyocera do RMAs? (You can't tell it was disassembled)

Thanks in advance,

Alan
wickedgtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:44 AM   #2

Hmmm, you've covered everything else ...... so, I think if it happened to mine ..... I'd try hitting it with a brick! :lol:

Better contact your country's agent.

Cheers, KK.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:15 AM   #3

Hi wickedgtr1

As KK wrote you need professional help about this problem.

I 've had this camera for 7 months now and so far I ve' recommended this camera as one heavy duty performing machine after thousands of photos and some roough handling. but on a couple of times it has froze up and not even sw off worked but opening the battery lid and closing it again always solved the problem. I can't think of anything with some kind of computer in it that doesn't do this once in a while.

Hope you solve this problem

Bye

G

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:46 AM   #4
TC3

wickedgtr1 wrote:
Quote:
I've had the camera for about 8 months, with great results, but two days ago, I took a picture of my girlfriend as she was leaving, then as a joke of my younger brother. The image of my brother froze on the lcd.I waited a few mins then tried to power off, change the mode, and press every button on the camera. I removed the batteries; replaced them and tried to turn the camera on, nothing. So I charged them overnight, and tried again still nothing.

I even dis-assembled the camera to see if I could find anything wrong. Everything looked fine, so I thought maybe the ?CPU? was stuck in a loop, so I drained the small battery thats inside the camera to see if a clean memory would fix it. Nothing.

I'm clueless. Any help would be great. Does Kyocera do RMAs? (You can't tell it was disassembled)

Thanks in advance,

Alan
Have you tried using a different card?
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:14 PM   #5

It won't turn with or without a card, I've also tried using an external power source. I hope I can get this camera to work, I really like(d) it.

Thanks Everyone for the help.

Alan
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:42 PM   #6

Where in the world are you located ...I could try to recommend a contact.

Cheers, KK
Old Jul 1, 2005, 3:54 PM   #7

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:06 PM   #8

Have a look here

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

and

http://www.kyoceraimaging.com/.... go to the Kyocera/Yashica service news link (bottom right).

Good Luck ....and keep us posted.

Cheers, KK
Old Jul 1, 2005, 7:33 PM   #9

Alright, I dont know whats going to happen with this camera, but if I were going to purchase a new camera, what should I get, I need at least 10x zoom, SD is a +, and AA batteries... Please let me know you suggestions.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:20 PM   #10

Another M410R! There's plenty about new.

But I suggest you leave the disassembly to Kyocera this time!

There is a clone of the M410R ..... the Rollei DK4010 ... but I'm not convinced there is any advantage ...other than you may like a silver body version!

But why not check out Steve's 10x-12x Optical super zoom reviews.

Each of these cameras has something to offer that the others don't ....it really depends on your preferences. The M410R's best features compared to the other cameras are an excellent EVF, continuous shooting mode until the card is full, insignificant shutter lag and ....good price!

Cheers, KK.