Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 12, 2005, 2:16 PM   #31

Thank you 5tevefor all your help.

Computers are not new to me I even built my own. This one I am on now. And it has been running strong for over 3 years. But, it was a good idea.

I am running XP. When I first plugged in the camera it let me know a new device was found. It installed the drivers. It also told me that it could run on a faster usb than I have (guess I need to get to work on installing USB 2.0). And at first it was bringing up Adobe Photoshop Elements to try and load the pictures which was fine with me. But, when it tried to find the photos on the camera as I asked it to, it told me no camera was found.

Ok, so I read the instructions and it tells me not to go about it that way. So I decided I will do like I do for my Fuji and I will just go through MY COMPUTER. So I double click on my computer and I see there is a G Removable Disk now available. That is familiar to me as this is what my other camera does. So I double click on the G and I am saddened to say there are no folders, no files, there is nothing available for me to click on.It is empty.I was going to try and attach screen shots, but it wouldn't allow me to post in this forum.

Elizabeth
Star2Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 2:53 PM   #32

P.S. just got off the phone with the Kyocera repair tech and they said must be something wrong send it in. I have had it one stinking day. Guess if I don't want to send it in I will just have to buy card reader.

GRRR

Elizabeth
Old Jul 12, 2005, 4:49 PM   #33
TC3

Star2Nite wrote:
Quote:
P.S. just got off the phone with the Kyocera repair tech and they said must be something wrong send it in. I have had it one stinking day. Guess if I don't want to send it in I will just have to buy card reader.

GRRR

Elizabeth
Send it in? Send it back to were you bought it and demand a refund or a camera that works.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 4:49 PM   #34
TC3

Star2Nite wrote:
Quote:

GRRR

Elizabeth
Send it in? Send it back to were you bought it and demand a refund or a camera that works.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 4:18 PM   #35

Hi Elizabeth,

With regards the dark pictures with flash problem make shure that while you are using the flash do not cover with your finger what I think is some kind of light meter on the front of the camera on the other side of the EVF. This will cause the photos with flash to be darker. I tried this out several times to make sure and every time that this sensor is slightly covered the pictures come out very dark. Its very easy to cover this sensor with your finger and I did this a couple of times myself tiill I realised that .

With regards to the computer connection problem the best thing is to check the camera with another computer as probably thier is no problem from the camera's side. I had the same problem on a computer of a friend of mine( a brand new penyuim4 XP)but then it worked ok on mine-an 866 mhz Pentuim 3 XP. These things happen for no apperent reason.

Really hope I was of some help becouse this is a very good camera with some features that are still unbeaten by recently released cameras in the ultra zoom catagory (eg evf and burst mode-which is really usefull with the zoom to get natural expressions from the kids)

Bye

G
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 9:29 PM   #36

Gerard, you are exactly right...I was putting my finger over sensor. I have always done this with my fuji to steady the camera and have not had an issue till now. I have corrected this issue. I had figured this out just recently. THANK YOU!

I have also purchased a card reader and it is working to get photos off of camera and on to the computer albeit it is very slow!

Also I have another issue with this camera that cannot be corrected and that is flash placement. The flash is so low and close to the body of the camera that I when I take pictures with the flash there is a shadow in the picture. I will attach a picture to show what I am talking about...and no it is not my shadow. The quality of the picture is not too great only due to the fact I resized photo.

Elizabeth
Attached Images

Old Jul 14, 2005, 2:11 AM   #37
TC3

You can either:

remove the adaptor ring when taking pics of closer things using flash (read the manual as i think it says that)

or

zoom in until the shadow is no longer evident

You are the first to mention this shadow as everyone else works around it

As long as you have a fast pc then the usb card reader should perform fairly quick

Tony

Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:07 AM   #38

I tried it with and without the adaptor ring. The shadows shows up in both. I know it is something I will have to work around it is just kind of disappointing. I have shopped around quite a bit before I settled on this camera and one thing I noticed with most is the flash is set quite a bit higher. Now I realize why.

Thank you.

Elizabeth
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:54 AM   #39
TC3

Elizabeth

I just took a handful of pics....the problem only occurs at close range withe the adaptor ring on and full wide zoom.

You say you tried it without adaptor ring and it still occurs, sorry but i find that hard to believe. If it is actually happening then send the camera back for a replacement or refund as you do have your consumer rights and have nothing to worry about so chill out.

Maybe you are dissapointed with the camera in general and are looking for a reason to send it back?

Tony

Old Jul 14, 2005, 4:00 AM   #40

Star...

Just another small point... i dont think the angle that you have taken the photo helps with the shadow. in typical shots with flash (say a indoor family picture or something of the like) you wouldnt see it as the shot is taken in a more horizontal orientation. i have only found this kind of shadow when i have taken shots from a similar angle. if i want to take shots of items at a similar angle i prefer to use decent lighting and a mini or normal tripod with the 2 second timer active, therefore no motion blur... no shadow, and hopefully a good photo!

i hope it doesnt dissapoint you too much and im sure all will be forgotten once you get it out into its prime area.... outdoor action shots :G... we expect to see some soon!

by the way i might of missed it already..... but where are you based? (country)

Enjoy

Steve

Tony

I think its just an unfortunate angle and the closeness to the subject thats caused it. even with the adaptor ring off i can see this happening because of the wide vertical angle that she has manged to capture.

Ps... the reason the transfer is slow is due to you probably running usb1.1... notusb2 try plugging the card reader into different usb ports as some boards have a couple of usb2's and a couple of usb1.1's or is yourcard reader usb1.1?

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote