Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:37 PM   #1

Hello all,

I'm interested on the Rollei dk4010/Kyocera M410R. I'm looking for a beginner camera for less money (especially for citys, landscapes, woods and some macros) - I never had a digital camera before. I read in some forums about the price&work quality from this cam(s). I only hope the camera will be compact enough for me - Can you put the camera from the size in a jacket?
It look's like the Kyocera M410R is not longer available here in Germany, cause no online-shop have them in stock.
Is the Rollei exactly in the same quality as the Kyocera?
The Rollei dk4010 is in many german shops available for a price from ~185€ (223$ or 127 GBP) - I found this price is not so bad.
O.k. here my questions now:
How good is the image quality in bad light situations - in the evening or in rooms?
Are macro pictures in good quality possible with this camera - a macro mode is not included, or?
Have anybody more pictures or galleries from the Rollei dk4010 or the Kyocera M410R - especially some in the evening or macros?
Many thank's in advance for some answers.

Many Greeting's

Christian

P.S.: Sorry 4 this good english....:lol:

chris78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:29 AM   #2

The rollei cameras are made in taiwan. rollei don't make cameras, just label them.
kacsorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:32 AM   #3

Here you can find full res samples in reviews:

http://digicamreviews.tk

kacsorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 6:00 AM   #4

Hi Christian - the M410R and DK4010 are in essence exactly the same camera. The DK4010 is a "badged" version of the M410R.

1) Good beginners camera? Depends on the beginner! It's a very versatile camera with point&shoot modes and expert modes. Remember ... you won't be a beginner for long, so you could buy the very simplest of cameras and soon wish you had spent more! Look through the many topics in this forum to see the quality and read what others say about the quality of the M410R ....it will be exactly the same for the DK4010.

2) It has modes, adjustments and a zoom lens that will cope with 99% of your shots.

3) You would need a fair size pocket! See

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

4) The M410R has very good macro, search through this forum for many examples. The best cameras for Macro seem to be the Nikons ....however there are disadvantages with other makes compared to the M410R/DK4010 *.

Cheers, KK

* I've said it before ..... there areseveral fine cameras in this category, each havetheir own advantages and disadvantages ...... your choice depends on your shooting preferences, but for general use, all will give good results.

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 6:05 AM   #5

Hmmm! Some of my message above disappeared into the ether ...I've corrected it now, best to view in Forum rather than from email.

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote