Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:51 PM   #1

M410R strikes again ....... Handheld, a little breezy too, and this first one near full optical zoom (I think)and Macro setting. More to follow. And a request, later!

Cheers, KK
Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:52 PM   #2

And an extract at 100%
Attached Images

Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:05 PM   #3

....and one taken with the +3 dioptre on ....I had to zoom back quite a lot from max optical..... I was very close ....like 6-8 inches ..... the dragonfly was very tolerant ....but I did move in on it veeeeery slowly! Handheld again.

Request No1 ..... I think I will need a very lightweight, very compact monopod ...... I have a good Manfrotto/Bogan ... but it is too big for my push-bike pannier bag ....I was thinking along the lines of a real budget job that I wouldn't normally consider ....but it might fit the bill here .................

......Anyone got any suggestions ...especially UK sources? Anyone seen anything lighter, more compact, more budget(?) than this?

http://www.jessops.com/search/viewpr...&refer=frg

cheers, KK

Attached Images

Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:21 PM   #4

....and a 100% extract ........ I'm sure I must be kidding myself ....but I seem to think that this shot isa closeequal of any shot I have taken .... in the field ...... with a monopod with full 35mm macro gear, with flash! And this was hand held, with no flash! (with +3 dioptre and not even full optical zoom)

Yes ..... I think I wish it to be true ....but let's face it ....I need a better scanner to digitise my 100iso slides ....the Nikon LS20 was good in its day ....but might be a little long in the tooth for this sort of comparison.

Nevertheless ....... I'm happy with the quality .... would like a better supplementary lens though!

Request No2 ........ I think a few of you might have a spare +1 or +2 dioptre lens .....I found the +3 too much for the detail shots ....but the camera's own macro settingnot quite (but almost) enough for the detail shots.

Would anyone care to lend me (....or sell me?) a spare +1 or +2 (55mm or 52mm) to play with for a while? .... postage refunded etc ..... PM me if you feel generous!

Cheers KK

Attached Images

Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:44 AM   #5
TC3

Once again some great macro shots KK. All i have is the +4 close up filter so can not help you there sorry. Are you looking at a close up add on lens or wide angle. It is high time you made a purchase as both types have been discussed by us on here as you know. Monopods are not my thing so can not help you there

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 5:00 AM   #6

Hi Tony ...... I'm dithering on both!

Close-up accessory:

It seems to me that a max of +3 is the most I need for 99.9% of the close-up shots, and for most of those I think a +2 or even a +1 might do! Hence my request to see if anyone has a spare.

It's not just the magnification ..... I need to think about the working distance too. This rules out the highly acclaimed Raynox DCR-250 (+8?) and probably even the DCR-150 (+4). I might be able to use the DCR-150 occasionally.

Wide Angle accessory:

I'm happy with the old Electro supplementary for now, and have not seen a clear winner in the wider add-ons yet!

Cheers, KK.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 7:32 AM   #7
TC3

You would have liked the Canon d350 i had got and the sigma super macro 2 APO lens as together they gave a magnification of 1/2 life size at a distance of over a metre so you can stay well back. Adding on a close up would have been an option if i had kept the set up

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:35 AM   #8

Hi KK,

Long time since I've posted, been away and sorting out new job!

I do have some spare close-up filters if you want them they are only 49mm threads though.

If you have any spare 49mm blank filters you could make up another tube.

Let me know if you want them.

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:05 PM   #9

Stopped on the road into llanberis side of Snowdon.

Can you see them yet?? (circled them to make it easy!)

Second shot I used all the zoom using the car roof as a support!
These 2 guys are at the top circle, from the first picture (which is quite hard to make out may have to zoom in)andare a long way up.

Cheers Ian
Attached Images

Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:08 PM   #10

Shot 2
Attached Images