Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Aug 24, 2005, 6:19 PM   #1

What about this compact cam ?

I'm looking for a compact and not too expensive cam.
How can it considered if compared with cam likeHP R707, Fuji F455 and Kodak C360?

thks
Takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:23 AM   #2

Hi Takeshi

Guess you are not going to find many people who will know about this camera. It is the only camera announced in 2005 by Kyocera ........ (so far) .... and it was brought out after Kyocera's announcement of discontinuing their interest in Consumer Optical equipment.

There is no information that I can find on any Kyocera website, in any country, in any language,about this or the other cameras that were brought out in 2004 under the Yashica EZ Digital logo (2010, 3010, 4030, 4033). This does not leadyou to have any great confidence in the supportyou might get if problems arise! That, coupled to the fact thatthey all seem only to be sold in 3 countries, raises a few questions.

You can see some specifications here -

http://www.dcviews.com/press/Yashica-EZ-5030.htm

It does look similar to one of the Brazilian produced Yashica digital cameras ....but they are for sale in the S. Americas.

I notice it does not have the "R" designation ....... I think this is a "must have" if you require fast start-up and fast shooting .....but then again ...I can find no figures about the 5030's performance in those areas .... it may be very respectable.

If the price is right, I'm sure you will be getting a camera with a minimum of performance that could be described as "very adequate" ....as indeed every thing that Kyocera have produced in the past seems to be. I know nothing about the other cameras ... this is a huge market area with a huge number of cameras fighting for the same cash ....... one of the reasons that Kyocera seem to have lost interest (at least for a short while!) in this area.

Of course, if you really want compact .... look at the SL400R!

Guess this doesn't help much ..... cheers, KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 11:39 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. I wish to find a review ina few time... :roll:
Old Aug 25, 2005, 11:43 AM   #4

Thanks Takeshi ....if you finda review,post a link here ....I'd be interested too!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 1:55 PM   #5

No review again...