Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Sep 2, 2005, 1:49 AM   #1

hi,

i have read many reviews about m410r... image quality is not bad but very impressive.. the only thing i need to know is its flash test...

is it's flash good for night shots...?

what is the red eye performance.....?

if you have some images regarding this... plz post....

thanks in advance..

zeeshan
zeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2005, 4:01 PM   #2

One thing you have to remember is that the M410R does not have a focus assist light. This means that some shots in low light need special care to focus. Sometimes I even focuson a more contrasty object the same distance away as the"real" subject you want to take a photo of.

I mention this because it does put a limit on the type of night shot you wish to shoot. The M410R is no different in this respect to other cameras without a focus-assist light, and is probably better than most in the number of low-light focus locks it achieves. The flash is not particularly powerful, but not poor either! It does have long time exposure mode for non-flash shots ... or a combination of both.

Maybe I am unlucky but I only put just a little faith in anti-red eye features of most point and shoot cameras ...whatever the make I've tried. Maybe I haven't tried enough, but I find that sometimes it works .... sometimes it doesn't. It does not seem to matter if the person is looking directly at the camera or off to one side ...sometimes even very off to one side...... it appears to me to be a matter of luck.

My experience with the M410R, Contax SL300RT*, earlier Kyocera S3X, orS3L and evenmy ancient Yashica KC-600 .... and many 35mm film compacts ....... all fortify my pessimistic opinion on this!

Bottom line ...... most of the time it's fine with flash ... up to the correct distance .... but sometimes I get red-eye!

One last note: I do not think you will get a camera that does everything that everyone wants! The M410R may not be sold to people because of it's flash performance..... but it is certainly sold for it's fine performance in other areas. Other cameras mayhave betterflash ....but is their start-up time as good, or their shutter lag, or their continuous shooting modes, and length of video mode or the quality of the LCD and EVF, or the availability of the 4 x AA cells it will use (instead of hard to find alternatives!) ... or the price! ...... I could go on ....but I'd better stop there!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:33 AM   #3

Hi,

thanks for your very good response and detailed information that i required... i'll surely go for the m410r... in my thoughtsit was areally cute and now has got the good performance as i am satisfied with your information...

thanks KK...

Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:33 AM   #4

Hi,

thanks for your very good response and detailed information that i required... i'll surely go for the m410r... in my thoughtsit was areally cute and now has got the good performance as i am satisfied with your information...

thanks KK...

Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:34 AM   #5

Hi,

thanks KK...

Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:35 AM   #6

You are welcome ..... 3 times too!

It is nice to have one more happy M410R user!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote