Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Oct 27, 2005, 3:24 PM   #11
TC3

Steve good to have you back!! How was the holiday? I leave next Tuesday and will be staying at the Beach Club Resort for a week and then go on to Wisconsin to visit wifes familly. Never been to Florida before so looking forward to it. Post some pics when you can as i wanna see these bumpy safari shots and any others you wish to share.

Cameras are far cheaper were wifey is from than in Florida but i am holding out till we go to the far east next year as prices should be even cheaper.

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 4:48 PM   #12

thats a good point actually..... i am going to oz in feb / march time to validate our visa's..... i wonder if i can convince the g/f to get a flight with a stopover so i can help myself to a new digicam?

not that i will be getting rid of the m410... its too good an too fast.. not to mention considerably smaller than an slr...

just out of interest what would you guys go for?

Florida was good... 2 weeks wasnt enough to see everything tho.. not even at the huge breakneck speed we were being rushed round at!

Thanks

Steve

PS i'll try and find time for those pics :?
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:05 PM   #13
TC3

Steve i have tried the Canon 350D but had trouble with it and it didnt feel great in my hands but the Nikon D50 is real nice and it is what i would start with in the DSLR world and a bonus is the sd cards it takes as well as the same size filter for the lens that comes with it. However by the time you go there may be new models out so keep an eye on Steves reviews.

Tony
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:46 PM   #14
E.T

IanWgglswrth wrote:
Quote:
Best one I've found,
The Canon Powershot Pro 1: 28mm - 200mm with all the manual functions you could wish for
Check KonicaMinolta A200, it has IS (image stabilisation) as bonus.

Quote:
Then improve the EVF to the quality of the M410r they might just have the ultimate camera then??
(why is that anyway? M410R 300k pixels in the EVF*all the rest about 220-240K)
What ultimate EVF?
KonicaMinolta A2: 924K pixels.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:11 PM   #15
TC3

Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:12 PM   #16
TC3

Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:12 PM   #17
TC3

I like that Konica A200 but would not be happy with 7 x zoom only otherwise it has good features

Tony
Old Oct 28, 2005, 2:20 PM   #18

I think comments about the good quality of the M410R's EVF is as much to do with the speed of response - i.e no blanking, or freezing, as itis to the number of pixels! If I may quote from Steve's Review ......

When using the LCD or EVF in low-ambient lighting conditions, they "gain up" to increase visability, which helps you frame your subject in these conditions. One thing Unlike other super-zoom cameras, the M410R's EVF and LCD do not freeze up or hesitate when the camera is trying to focus. This allows you to easily follow fast-moving subjects during continuous or rapid sequence capture.

At the time of introduction this seemed to be a big bonus for the M410R, along with the then very impressive switch-on time and multiple shot capability ..... maybe with time the other cameras' EVFs have caught up with this feature...... I don't know if this is actually the case. It would be nice to think that the A2 has the big pixel count and the lack of freezing too ........ is that so E.T.?

Certainly, as time goes on, EVFs will have more pixels and better specs ....but ain't that true about nearly everything! :roll:

I must admit though that the quality did seem spot on when I compared it to a few other digicams, a year or so ago..... I was a little surprised that I couldsee a fair difference .... in the M410Rs favour in all cases...but this was by no means an exhaustive or detailed test ... just a casual look.

Cor! E.T. you do a very good impression of John Foxx, vocalist with Ultravox in their early days! :-)

BFN KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 2:46 PM   #19
TC3

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:

Cor! E.T. you do a very good impression of John Foxx, vocalist with Ultravox in their early days! :-)

BFN KK

This means nothing to me......................
Oh Vienna

:-):-):-)

Tony
Old Oct 28, 2005, 3:20 PM   #20

Is that ha!-ha!-ha! ....Tony?

'Ere 'ere ..... while I'm in post mode ...do you like this one ....... no photoshoping, no sharpening, no cropping ....nojiggery-pokery etc etc... just resize to 33%, add borders and mild compression to get jpg down to 200KB.

Dull day, Monopod, 1/45th @ f4.5, WB=Cloudy, Ap priority, 11.3mm(75mm equiv), 100iso, Fine, Metering=Eval, -0.7 EV, Contrast & Saturation & Sharpness = Normal.

Looks a "cracker" at full res on my screen!

Cheers, KK
Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote