Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:55 PM   #1

KK,

I can't find the thread, so I will start a new one,

I seem to recall you saying you wouldprefer a camera that has a very good wide angle with a zoom up to 200mm

I haven't found one but just read the press release for the new Kodak P880.

This is the nearest I have found to your question! 24mm to 140mm, the only problem(maybe?) why 8mp

Seems like a good un though, be interesting to see the review when Steve gets hold of one.

Did you manage to replace all of your gear? I seem to remember you having problems getting stuff.

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:10 AM   #2

Hi Ian ...yes I remember writing something along those lines.

The Kodak does look interesting. It addresses one of my wishes for future cameras ..... that you don't have to add on big chunks of glass to get a wide enough angle to shoot indoors, for example. The long end on this camera does seem a little short though! I guess I just want it all .... wide and long!

Yes, I got all the gear eventually, with the help of Kyocera Yashica UK ... or to be more precise ... Alpha Digital Services Limited (UK). Even though they were very busy winding down the old company and trying to start up the new company, the staffgave me excellent service. They found me a black SL300RT* - an exact match for the stolen one ....... and there are not too many of those around!They also supplied spare battery, extra memory cards and a couple of other goodies. Gold star for them

The other stuff I bought in dribs and drabs ...... so it's all replaced.

The only exception is the DIY macro lens ........ I changed my mind about buying the Raynox ...... they were a little too powerful for my needs.

BFN KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:23 PM   #3

Eh! Tony .....stuck for words? :lol:

Your message looks empty to me!

KK
Old Sep 26, 2005, 3:49 PM   #4
TC3

KK

i had posted about the Ricoh g8 or something that has a 28 to 85 mm zoom i think and it has a few good features. I started out with Ricoh compact and 2 slr's i thought i might want to revive my old love affair with them but after reading a review they seem to be a lil slow which would definatly get on my nerves after the speed of the M410r! So it WILL be the M410r that goes to disneyworld with me and gets a chance to impress on the safari in the Animal Kingdom...unless i get eaten by a lion or a croc....:-)
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:49 PM   #5

Best one I've found,
The Canon Powershot Pro 1: 28mm - 200mm with all the manual functions you could wish for.......£500 ish depends where from +/- £100 :shock:

I've not seen anything that goes down to 24mm- 200mm, it's normally about 24mm - 140mm or 28mm-200mm.

Oh well can't have everything, just be nice for the manufacturers to build larger CCD's instead of trying to cram loads ofpixels onto small sensors:roll:

They could also look into producing that 24mm - 200, 300, 400maybelens.
Then improve the EVF to the quality of the M410rthey might just have the ultimate camera then??
(why is that anyway? M410R 300k pixels in the EVFall the rest about 220-240K)

Or would the cost be that much why bother, just get a Dslr, so what if you don't want to carry all the lenses and gear around!:?

Customers hey,pain in the bum what do they know:lol:

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:57 AM   #6

Good post Ian.

Hmmmmm .... Must have an idle look at the Canon!

I think your last two points say it all :lol:........... with spare batteries, Aux wide, Macro lens, padded case and the M410R (also the mini monopod strapped next to my bottle cage), my bike pannier is already well stuffed. I could not cycle around and get about so easily with a haversack full of 35mm SLR gear.

BFN KK
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:16 AM   #7
TC3

Pannier??? They come in sets you know :-)
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:19 AM   #8

My LBS already gives me grief about the weight I carry on the bike! (Most of it me, of course!) I do use the other pannier occasionally!

I've popped 3 spokes recently on the rear wheel ....... much to the amusement of the LBS's wheel builder. He did say that I must have a bad'un supplied from new .... as it shouldn't happen with a well built wheel ..... and he is rebuilding it with better s/s spokes, as we speak!

I agree with him about the bad'un....the other (stolen) bike was near identical and never popped a spoke in 3500 miles, Iam ridingover the same rough tracks and possibly with lessweight now ........ KK's waistline is shrinking slightly with all this exercise!

BTW .... isn't 42mph scary ona push bike ........the speed is fine ....and fun ......it's the stopping part that's hairy!

Cheers, KK
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:13 AM   #9
TC3

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
BTW .... isn't 42mph scary ona push bike ........the speed is fine ....and fun ......it's the stopping part that's hairy!

Cheers, KK
Very steep hills round your way i see!

Try 115 on a private road in the rain if you wanna feel scared

Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:55 PM   #10

heck 30mph in the rain downhill with no glasses on on a pushbike with a double bend and flooded brakes scared the living sh*ite out of me, i couldnt see a thing

i cant imagine what 115 in the rain feels like he he

glad you got all your stuff sorted KK...

i've just had to dig my lites out again... those Nimh are goving me some good runtimes.... im thinking close to 1 3/4 - 2 hours with both beams! i've also just invested in a nice waterproof.. got fed up with wringing everything out when i got to work and getting back into damp clothes to go home.

i thought i had snapped my spokes once on my mountain bike... turned out i'd pulled them through the rim... whoops!

good louck tony on the safari... its that bumpy i couldnt hardly get a shot..( and yes i will be posting soon!!) the camera worked well as per usual... i even looked at picking up a dslr while i was over there.. but florida is far to expensive for that kind of gear! i could pick a nikon d50 over here up for about £200 less than over there! i also was struggling to find anything with the speed of the M410... so i didnt bother...

oh well... i'll shut up now :lol:

Steve

Edit... And yet again we go off topic :G

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote