Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Oct 7, 2005, 6:47 AM   #11

Excuse me, Kyocera Kid, the words "not very good" are maybe too strong to say that the JPG artefact of the M410R is more visible than on some other cameras.

In fact, the M410R is a very very good camera, with lots of qualities.
For me, the picture crispness is not the best quality of this camera.

But with a little editing the final result may be very good. That means that the "substance" is in, and only needs to be revealed.

Cheers, Keeponrolling.
keeponrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 8:09 AM   #12
TC3

I agree that the sharpness of the M410r can leave something to be desired butthe camera has many good qualities and for that i do not mind doing a lil editing to improve some of the pics. The camera is getting on now and of course there are newer cameras that doing a better job to some extent but i still like the overall package the M410r offers

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 7:32 PM   #13

Amen to Tony and Keeponrolling! Cheers, KK.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:44 AM   #14

Hi again,

the photo quality of m410r is by default of dull colors.... but it can be improved by utilizing its contrast and sharpness settings and this will produce good results... i have some digi cams in mind

- fujifilm s5100

- panasonic fz10

& - Kyocera M410R

the fuji s5100 is also good cam, but it produces fringing (purple effect) and vignetting (dark corner at top left end) , also has no image optimization settings :sad:

panasonic is very good one with image stablization.. but costly, a bit slowand uses lithium-battery which is a hell... don't like :blah:

while M410R is very fast, compact, affordable and hasvery vast in-built settings ... the only thing is it's by default a bit dull colors , but hope so can be done goodby its contrast and sharpness settings :idea:

M410R scores 50% while Fuji s5100 got 40% and Pana got 10% in my mind

hope so M410R wins and soon i'll got it till it run out of stock here......

zeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:55 AM   #15

Steve's digicam review's picturesof the M410R does not show that its colours are any "Duller" than any other camera in its class.

Many users here of the M410R do not report "Dull" colours, but I guess it's just a matter of degree! If you are easily impressed with highly saturated colours you may prefer other cameras. Of course, your computer screen settings and printing preferences will highly influence your judgment! So will the actual settings of the camera ....in fact, ALL the cameras!

I have had this type of discussion many times with slide film users. I am using slide film as the comparison because (assuming normal optimum processing) they can be viewed without the extra stage of printing and its associated variations.

I prefer Agfa because of what I describe as "neutral" tones (even though it is slightly grainier than it's rivals). I find Fuji's and Kodak slide films a little "larger than life" in their colours ....other users do not agree! They think Agfa is "Dull". Yet in many side-by-side reviews there are no reports of Agfa being "Dull". This neutralness shows itself to me in natural history work. I admit shots taken on Velvia are more impressive .....but are the colours true to life, or larger than life? I ask myself the same question when looking at digital work.

Look at Steve's review pictures and ask yourself ....is the M410R's colours lacking in comparison to its peers ....... I can not see that it is.

Zeeshan .... with scores as low as 50%, 40% and 10% ........ I can see you are not easily made happy :-). I'm surprised you stick to photography! :P

Cheers, KK.

Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:40 PM   #16
TC3

Had a quick look and found these that have nothad any editing done and have not bothered to crop them either:roll:
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:45 PM   #17
TC3

not very well framed but then again was not to bothered at the time...
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:47 PM   #18

Very nice tones ....even if not a flattering pose!

Hey! Tony! Aren't the colours a little dull (on the first shot)

KK
Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:47 PM   #19
TC3

last one....i would say the color is pretty dead on and the contrast is pretty good
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:52 PM   #20

Excellent range of tones in that last one!

KK