Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:55 PM   #21
TC3

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
Hey! Tony! Aren't the colours a little dull
KK
:-):-):-)

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:59 PM   #22
TC3

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
Excellent range of tones in that last one!

KK
i agree and even trying out the auto levels did nothing to enchance it at all!
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:04 PM   #23
TC3

This was at a dog show last year and i love the way the dog is looking at me
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:43 PM   #24

Looks like you have a friend for life there!:love:

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:52 PM   #25
TC3

She my b i t c h :lol:
Old Oct 24, 2005, 5:03 AM   #26

nice shots TC3....

this is the exact thing i was roaming about.... if i am not mistaken.... i assume that :roll:

-- the colors are a bit dark in the last two photos of pillars (some thing like).. dark shades

-- there is a much blue sky color

-- the sharpness is acceptable... but what about it's values from -1 to +3

-- if colors seems to dull, can we change it's value pre-shot in the camera??:?

the two things that annoyare fuzzy & pale colors &lesssharp pictures,,,

waitingfor a good respones from KK, TC3 & 5teve... please help me making up my mind

bye
zeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:33 AM   #27

Hi Zeeshan

The colour range of Tony's shots (and others) looks excellent to me on 3 different monitors (& computers). The sharpness is difficult to access on downsized shots ......and still difficult on full-sized shots unless you compare like shots with like shots. This is why I suggested you look at Steve's Digicam's review shots that are taken of the same subject under similar conditions with different cameras. You can compare the similar shots from every camera from the high price "Pro SLRs" to "Point and Shoot" budget cameras. As I've said before, I'm perfectly happy with prints up to A4 produced from this camera comparing them to prints from myZeiss lenses.

Chroma, Sharpness, Contrast, White Balance andColour Mode are all menu options for you to play with.

If I may repeat one last point Zeeshan ..... you are not going to get perfection in this price bracket ....from any camera! You must look at the overall package. If you have specific needs, you may have to fore go other features in order to pick the camera that best fulfills those needs ........if no camera of this genre fits the bill ......then the bill may end up having to be a lot bigger to meet them!

Cheers, KK.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:59 AM   #28
TC3

I do not believe that there is a camera that has all the features and produces perfect shots out the camera regardless of what you pay and i honestly think Zee is either being far too picky or is expecting too much.

Tony
Old Oct 25, 2005, 1:39 AM   #29

thanx for your response, :-)

i have come accross so many websites giving m410r's sample pictures and compared it with different cams.... the result is ... dull and fuzzy quality...

i saw the pics on dcresource and compared it with other cams... and the result is same... dull colors... it can't produce bright colors by default leaving grass, roofs, textures dull...

i compared it with fuji s5100 and some other cams like nikon 4600... these both cams have excellent picture quality very bright andcolorful as compared to m410r

the thing is not to shot 100s of pictures and then have a hot tea, sit on computer, open photoshop and start giving color, sharpness and saturation... then whats the use of a digi cam...:?

by getting it... it is better to get a cam (even low ones like 3x optica) than this one..

you are right that all digicams some how need some post editing, but friends when to editall the time... it's a heck :roll:

well lets c what comes to my hand.. :-)

Bye
zeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 5:52 AM   #30

Hi Zeeshan

You have quoted dcresource before as your source of disappointment ...... if you would rather believe that review than Steve's Digicam Review and the dozen or so very happy M410R users that write on this forum .... then so be it. I assume for every person who is passionate enough or inclined to write about this camera, there aremany who are equally as happy but do not write. Dull and fuzzy pictures are not our experience of the camera.

I also assume that the owners who have expressed a positive view here, are sufficient in number to assure readers that their opinion represents the "norm". Why are there no "complaint" threads here? Apart from the odd ... "How do I fix this" thread ..... the author appearing to go away with a happy outcome ...... I see no one saying the camera gives dull and fuzzy pictures.

I hope you are happy with your chosen camera, whatever it is ...... but somehow I get the impression that your pleasure might be ephemeral!

I agree with you about not HAVING to spending hours in Photoshop etc to turn a so-so picture into a masterpiece .... I'm glad I do not have to do it with this camera.

I think I have exhausted all I have to say on this subject ...... we could go around in circles forever ....each giving their own opinion. There seems to be no more to discuss, at least, not by me!

KK