Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:39 AM   #11

the shiny part of the case i mentioned above turned out to be more flexible than it looks so just push it a bit harder and there you go....there are no hidden screws besides the one allready mentioned by everybody here.....the camera opens and you can access more or less all you want..... good luck.....
davort59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:39 AM   #12

the shiny part of the case i mentioned above turned out to be more flexible than it looks so just push it a bit harder and there you go....there are no hidden screws besides the one allready mentioned by everybody here.....the camera opens and you can access more or less all you want..... good luck.....
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:39 AM   #13

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:06 AM   #14

hi, i had the same problem with the camera turning off as straight away since it was dropped. Thanks for the hint on the hidden screw. I have now fixed my camera. I had to remove the Lens half of the camera and dismantle that. There were 2 rubber bungs which I drilled out but with some needle nosed pliers you may be able to pull them out to get at the screws underneath. then its a matter of disconnecting some very fine flat cable connectors, remove 4 screws to get the lens assembly out where the problem lies. There are two cam followers which when the cam turns moves the lens focus. I found one of the cam followers near the drive end was dislodged from the grove it should be in and was jammed into the cog instead, once I levered that back in place I could then wind the cog by hand and make the lens move back and forth. Re-assembled and presto! Unfortunately I had levered off the nice shiny metal plates on the casing looking for hidden screws so the camera will never look the same but at least it works!

Overall it was pretty easy to fix, just fiddly and also required patience. I suspect this is a common thing with these cameras when they are dropped.
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote