Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:35 AM   #11
TC3

Hi Ian

So you jumped onto the SLR wagon. Good camera for good price. I found quiet a few reviews on the Sigma 18 - 200 when i was looking at SLR's last summer. Compact anddecent picture quality and it certainly beats the kit lens which is a cheap nasty job! I had opted for the Sigma APO super macro 70 - 300 mm and it was only 120 but very impressed with it though it is no were as compact as the 18 - 200.

Enjoy your new gear and dont be a stranger

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:56 AM   #12

Hey People!

im here and no i dont mind KK saying about my job hunting :?sorry i didnt get back to you yet bob about the lights... bin a bit busy doing 2 jobs! started contracting and have just spent 3 weeks in Australia... fantastic place... im going to be back out there in another 4 weeks for a month working... then back for a few months then back out there permanently! Looks like perth is the place to be... so clean and sunny and nice!

Im still hammering my m410... another 700 odd shots rattled of in Oz.. dropped it too and kinda altered the housing but it popped back into place ok :?i have been looking at SLR's also.. mainly the nikon's as i hear good things about them... its just that i cant find anything that can keep up with the m410 for speed! im sure i will go slr eventually but its going to take a special camera to persuade me... and i still love having the trusty m410next to me... its now just topped the 7000 shots... so should be worn in by now :-)

Everything is a mad rush now to get my girlfriends house sorted for sale and mine is currently sold... so thats the reason i havent been round much...

While inKuala Lumpar... i saw an M410r for sale in the duty free! just thought you may be interested :roll:

anyway have to shoot off now... take care all will be in contact again soon.. maybe even with some oz pics!!!!

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:04 PM   #13
TC3

Good to hear from you Steve. Real pleased the move is all going smoothly and good luck with thye final stages

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Keep putting off upgrading my m410r but it will happen one day. Still meets most my needs. Hope you get something nice to play with and we would like to see some pics from down under if you can find the time to post

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"cheers

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:39 PM   #14

Great to hear from you Steve ... thought you'd absconded to another place!

And glad to hear you are gainfully employed! (Sorry if I broadcast something I shouldn't ....Ooops! :roll You know it was in good faith and with best intentions.

Oz! ....Ah! Fond memories ....what a place ....never made it to Perth ...but would be over there like a shot if I could. Cairns to Sydney ... loved every mountain, coastand mile!

7000 :|... that's good shooting .... calculated how many rolls of film that saved you? And a bounce too ....cracking that it's still functioning so well..... that's what I think ....I probably will change eventually .... but there's nothing out there that makes me drool and want to give up the M410R at the moment ....a Sony with a 8x to 12x Zeiss zoom .....Drool!

Good luck on the house sale and move .....andpost those Oz shots!

BFN KK

p.s.The good ol' Pier head Landing Stage sank....Ha! Ha!Mersey Ferries are making the wimpy Wirral passengers swim to the shore! And they complain too !

Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:32 PM   #15

Quote:
give up the M410R at the moment ....a Sony with a 8x to 12x Zeiss

a sony.... wash your mouth out with soap :-)i have used some of the smaller ones and i have to say... some of the nastiest small point and shootsi have ever used in my life...

not very representative i know... but hey thats my impression.

i checked that new samsung out too... not very good really.. looks cool tho.

nice pic by the way... are you sure someone didnt steal the supports for the landing stage :?

Steve

ps i really really didnt mind you saying about my job
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:48 PM   #16

Don't see too many cars up on bricks these days in Liverpool ....or Landing Stages!!

I think it's 'cos someone stole....sorry, borr'ed ....all the bricks!!

BFN KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote