Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:58 PM   #1
TC3

Hi Guys

Came back to see whats going on....not much it seems....surely you all have not stopped using the M410R? How about some new pics. I have none at the moment but hopefully may have some in a few months after a short trip to Italy. In June will be going mountain biking around the Lake District and also touring with my motorbike in France as well as another trip to Italy.......yes i do get around :-)....and looking forward to June! The Lake District and trip to France should get me some nice photo opurtunities. Decided against replacing the camera this year as i like it to much but it will show it's age next year am sure.

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:35 PM   #2

I've been doing a dead-fly impersonation over Christmas and the new Year ....due to a long drawn out bout of Flu! Not too bad now! Naffed off because I missed out on the 2K in 6 months on the Claud Butler.... I was so close too!

Doing a bit with the Contax SL300RT* lately .... mainly friends and family etc. How about this taken by a 5 year old boy who had never seen this camera before and just listen to instructions from me on how to use it. Great-grandma was "chuffed"!

Cheers, KK
Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:19 PM   #3

And now a shot of the dirty dozen! My mates family - youngest members only. The budding photographer (from above shot)is dead centre and my newest God-child is slightly to our left of him being cradled by her eldest cousin.

The Contax SL300RT* is great for this sort of shot!

Cheers, KK.
Attached Images

Old Jan 6, 2006, 5:11 PM   #4
TC3

Hi KK

Sorry to hear you got the flu but at least you got over it now. Make up for that lost time cycling...but wait for warmer weather as you just been ill!

The 5 year old did very well for a first go but he did have expert tution. Lovely bunch of kids and i can imagine they are a handful for the parents at Christmas time

Got a few pics of my 10 year old nephew who opened up his pressie to find a laptop.......great look on his face
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:46 PM   #5

Jeeez...... I could pretend to look like a happy 10 year old if I got a laptop for Christmas :-).........I'd even shave for the occasion!

Now that reminds me.... I must take a trip to the sock drawer!

Cheers, KK

Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:20 AM   #6

Long time since I posted, been a little busy!

Hope you all had a good break.

Nice shots, Tony.

Just to let you know, Got a brand new Canon300D with 18-55mm Kit lens.
Surplus stock sale...the only thing that had been opened was the plastic bag that held the charger.
The manuals and disks were still in the shrink film!
I thought for £280 it was a bargain. Just bought the Sigma 18-200mm lens for it, what a difference in build quality. The kit lens feels so cheap compared to the Sigma.
There again though the Sigma lens was almost the same price as the whole kit.
With the 1.6 crop factor, it will give me 28-320mm in 35mm format, almost the same as the Kyocera

Will post a photo when I have a little more time.

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:09 AM   #7

Hello Ian! Nice to hear from you.

Canon!..... Spit-Ding! .....Ah! OK then .......let's see some shots! Nice to hear about the Sigma too!

I'd happily let Tony take the credit for the two shots (if he wanted it!) ....but they were taken with my little Contax SL300RT* :-)

BFN KK

P.s. ...don't know if you two have heard ....and I'm sure he won't mind me saying ....but Steve (5teve)might be a little quiet for a while ........ he is job hunting! :sad:Hope he keeps in touch.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:22 AM   #8

Oh yes, lets read the post and then pay attention to what I've just read!!!:?

Prat!

The Contax is excellent, the wife wouldn't be without hers now it goes everywhere with her!

Funny everybody who see's it want one as think it's a brilliant little camera!!

Ha TOO LATE !!!

Not good about Steve. hope all works out for him.

This is a quick shot I've just done, nothing altered straight from camera,just resized. In portrait mode, with flash.

Cheers Ian
Attached Images

Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:33 AM   #9

Ha! No worries, mate!

Nice! On camera flash? No red-eye!

Which lens?

KK
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:46 AM   #10

Hi KK,

Thats with the Sigma 18-200mm lens.

That lens is amazing, I' ve not been able to find many reviews about it but took a gamble. The local shop was quite good the woman who served me knew her stuff.

The new Canon 17-85mm IS USM lens is twice the price and more in some places but it's not that good by all accounts, produces soft images.

So I went for this Sigma excellent bit of kit, like I said much better than the Canon kit lens.

Just done this, again straight from camera just resized, ISO1600!!

Cheers Ian

Attached Images