Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:06 AM   #1

My S5R is not working, no image is seen on the LCD. The LCD is working (previously shot photo works).

I am told that CCD used in S5R is defective (see http://www.dcviews.com/press/Kyocera-Oct05.htm & http://www.photoscala.com/node/view/1098) and there is a product recall (Service Advisory). Is this news true? If so how do I send my camera for repair?

Is anyone else also having similar problem with S5R?

Another thing - I have moved to India. Does Kyocera have a service centre at India. If not - I will post my camera to US (if they have announced a recall).
JoydeepB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2006, 4:29 PM   #2

Why not find a local (or national) retailer in your country and ask them about where to send items for Service. They must know because they must be getting their supplies of cameras from somewhere. Also, what do they do when they get a faulty one?

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 1:23 AM   #3

I contacted Kyocera Japan - the problem is due to a CCD defect and they repaired the camera free of charge. They even paid the return postage.

However India customs has seized the camera - I don't know for what reason. I had even filed a custom form while sending it.

The lessons learnt are:

a) Kyocera is repairing this defect - you need to mail the camera to their service center

b) If you are from a "customs regulated country" like India - do check customs rules. Else it really pains to have your camera confiscated after repair by some lousy customs guys.
JoydeepB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 5:39 AM   #4

:sad:

Let us know if you get it back!

for Kyocera Japan though!

Cheers, KK
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:50 AM   #5

Hi, You might be interested in letting people know about an advisory I found this week from Kyocera which might explain allthese faults appearing( was going to say "cropping "up) the address is as follows http://www.dcviews.com/press/Kyocera-Oct05.htm

Hope this helps youall. My S3R has packed up also and I am in the proccess of seeking advice onrepair or exchange at their cost.:? apparrently the Warranty period has been extended for several models due to a particular fault. See the web page for details and a laugh. Cheers, Jim

auntagony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:18 AM   #6

Well spotted Auntagony ...i wonder if there are any more Service Statements.

Cheers, KK
Old Nov 6, 2007, 4:53 PM   #7

hi joy-- same problem with my s5r-- any advice? do u have a phone number or email or address so i can send it in for repair-- do i need to get a rturn authorization from kyocera-- how does this work??- thanks
kboy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 4:56 PM   #8

i have ccd or lcd problem with my s5r but i cant seem to find any info on where to send it or a phone number to calll- or anything - i am in in texas- usa??-- someone- anyone-- please help!-- thanks
kboy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 5:16 PM   #9

Over in topic - kyocera finecam SL300R, I posted the address from the Kyoceraimaging.com website, but Garywright6 said I was wrong! I lifted the details straight from their website and asked Garywright6 to post any info he has about the "rightness" or "wrongness" of any address he has found ... we haven't heard since :?

Here is what I posted ......I assume that unless Kyoceraimaging.com have gone belly-up or daft then this address still holds .... maybe someone else can confirnm one way or another.

For KYOCERA, YASHICA,
and FINECAM Cameras
:

PanurgyOEM
100 Ford Road, Suite 14
Denville, NJ 07824 U.S.A.
Phone: (800) 421-5735 or
(973) 625-5138
Email:[email protected]

Cheers, KK