Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:36 AM   #1

Dear all

I own a Kyocera Finecam S3 from 2002, it has worked just fine ever since.

Yesterday all of a sudden the display went black. Let me explain: I do not mean the display is turned off - neither it looks like it is turned off (which is a function of the camera that can be activated with a button)- in fact, I can still see the indicators on the display(e.g. flash on/off). Rather it looks as if I am trying to take a picture in a dark room, that's what I mean by black display. It is on, but it is not capturing any image. Indeed, I tried to take pictures I get black pictures. It's like the camera "does not see anything".

Any help, suggestions, shared experiences would be appreciated.

Davide
anedonia74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:57 AM   #2
TC3

Please remove your finger from the camera lens :-)other than that i have no idea sorry. Very constructive i know.....:roll:

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:57 AM   #3

I take it the lens pops out when switched on ...... and the plastic lens cover has automatically retracted?

If battery removal and re-installation does not re-set the camera ....and you have checked all the obvious settings ....then it sounds like a trip to the service agent.

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 2:14 AM   #4

Thanks for your replies. I checked thoroughly, including the finger :G,and everything seems to work perfectly so I suppose a trip to the service is in order now.

Best
Old Jan 30, 2006, 3:45 AM   #5

I have same problem with my S5R. This was purchased around Oct 2004.

See my discussion (http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19).

My brother (I have now moved to India) talked with the Kayocera Service Desk and they asked him to mail the camera for them to have a look. My research (browsing) indicated that Kayocera used defective CCD & issued a "recall"

Let me know what is the problem with your camera. (sending my camera from India is a pain). Also do let me know if Kayocera repaired it under the "recall" notice or they charged you for it.
JoydeepB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:29 PM   #6

ok thanks, will keep you informed. i will get in touch with the service centre in the UK soon.

Old May 2, 2006, 1:24 AM   #7

I contacted Kyocera ([email protected]) and they repaied the camera free of charge as the probelm was with a defective CCD. They even paid the return postage.

JoydeepB is offline   Reply With Quote