Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:40 PM   #1

Got this camera in October and it worked fine for about 1 month then it started expose the pictures no matter what mode it is set in, except macro mode and b/w mode where it works fine. It holds slow shutter speeds in all conditions and rarly stope the lens down past 3.9. If you put it in aperture or shutter priority then take a picture it doesn't use those settings upon viewing the display information on the camera.

Then if you use the flash or it selects iso 200 automatically or you manually set iso 200 it turns all the pictures dark??

The agents here in New Zealand have tested it and say it is working normally and that didital cameras generally hold slow shutter speeds YEAH RIGHT.

Three other people including a camera club expert have all got the same results as I have from it.

Is this a case of a lemon in the breed or are other cameras developing these problems.

Do I try to convince the technicians it is faulty or is it time to throw it against a brick wall:angry:

daniel

hamtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2006, 5:28 PM   #2

Lemon? Possibly!

You don't seem to hear of any other M410R usermentioning these problems.

My inclination is to suggest that you ask the "agents" to demonstrate to you how they have got it to work "normally" .... if that is at all practical. Let them put their expertise where there mouths are!

My problem with pronouncing that you have a faulty camera, is that the camera has so many settings that it is just possible that you have inadvertently set something that is causing the problems ....as remote a possibility as this might seem after your expert friends have looked at it .... it is still a possibility.

Your announcement that you can get it to work "normally" in macro and b/w gives me some hope that the camera is not faulty. But I must admit I can not figure out what might be causing it from your description.

Sorry ...not a lot of help at this stage ..... KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 1:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply. It is the first time I have heard of one of these things playing up also. The agents won't be much help as the first time I took it in with all the sales reciepts (with their stamp and name printed everywhere) they said they hadn't bought any af the cameras in and didn't think they had even sold it!! Possibly it could of been a demo one or known faulity one they had laying around and flicked it off cheap???

My latest thinking is something in it has sent a power spike through it and slightly scrambled its chip or firmware??? I use energiser 2500mah rechargables with a decent charger that reads the individual cell status and for some reason 2 cells are always more depleted so it could all of started form its power source. Sounds good as a theory anyway.

Will keep playing with it and see what it does

cheers

Old Mar 18, 2006, 2:13 PM   #4

Silly s0ds ...... those Agents!

One thought ..... probably you'll say ..."Give me some credit!"! .....But ..... you know not to leave the cap on when youswitch the camera on? It can cause all sorts of weird effects if you do.

Still .... if you've got the dealer'sreceipt ..... and it's still in warrantee ....... how can they refuse to deal with the matter?

Cheers, KK

Old Mar 21, 2006, 5:43 AM   #5

I guess the two batteries depleted more, may be a problem, because the design of the battery compartment in a 410R is such that it connects all the batteries in series, and uses them simultaneously.

Secondly, re-setting the camera to default values may be of any help

Cheers!
adnanbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:25 AM   #6

well strange little electronic box that it is, have just shot 100 odd pics with it indoor and out and it worked like a little trojen horse. Flash still makes pics dark but can live with that. I asked the agents about the flash and they said it works on contrast and not ambient light conditions.

will try and figure out how to post some pics here shortly

hopefully it has sorted itself out and will continue to produce colourful sharp pictures

thanks for all your help
:-)daniel:|
Old Mar 31, 2006, 2:54 AM   #7

missed out a word in original post, it should read:
.....for about 1 month then it started to OVER expose the pictures......

thenks
dan

Old Mar 31, 2006, 2:54 AM   #8

missed out a word in original post, it should read:
.....for about 1 month then it started to OVER expose the pictures......

thenks
dan

Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:10 AM   #9

The Rollei dk4010 (aka M410R) sometimes also sets itself to strange settings. But mostly when Batteries are on the low side and I Switch the flash on or off wit some manual settigs applied. When I switch the Camera off and on again the "strange settings" are gone.

@Kyocera Kid:
Quote:
One thought ..... probably you'll say ..."Give me some credit!"! .....But ..... you know not to leave the cap on when you switch the camera on? It can cause all sorts of weird effects if you do.
Why that?

Cheers Wolfgang Wolters
wolfgangw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:59 AM   #10

If you mean "What is a cap" , wolfgangw ........ it's usually a black plastic thingy (sometimes silvery) ...... designed to be lost in the first week! :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers, KK.