Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Apr 1, 2006, 1:58 AM   #1

I have a Yashica M410-R. There is this white spot in all my pics. I'm not even sure wether it was there when i bought the camera, as i noticed it a couple of months back when we went on a camp night, and all the photos had this spot. It is the same in all the resolutions, even in video. more prominent in night shots, because the white spot is more visible in dark and near-black colors. Although it can be fixed with a quick brush in an editing software, but videos are impossible to edit, and due to more compression ratio used for video, it is more prominent.

Can someone tell me what the spot is. One thing's for sure, it's not dust, as it is equally visible in all light conditions. Suggestions are welcome!
Attached Images

adnanbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:25 AM   #2

Hi Adnanbh

See http://www.imaging-resource.com/ARTS/HOT/HOT.HTM

I have one too ....a red one ....hardly ever notice it ....but I just clone brush it out if it is obtrusive. see what you mean about video though!

p.s. Great dashboard :-)

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:10 AM   #3
TC3

I have several and in that night shot of the eiffel tower they were pretty obvious but never noticed them before.

That dash looks way to chav for my liking

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:59 AM   #4

My Rollei dk4010 (aka M410R) has also a dot (blue one). It bothered me at first. But as it is not always seen (mostly when a longer shutter speed is choosen) and very easy to remove in postprocessing, it is no longer a problem for me....

Cheers Wolfgang Wolters
wolfgangw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:01 AM   #5

by the way, nice color of dashboard....

Cheers Wolfgang Wolters
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:51 AM   #6
TC3

wolfgangw wrote:
Quote:
by the way, nice color of dashboard....

Cheers Wolfgang Wolters

Are you nuts?:-)
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:46 PM   #7

I realy love it....

@adnanbh
Is it original (from Manufaturer) or did you do it on your own?

I once went to Trinidad & Tobago (mostly I stayed on Tobago) and the people there also customized their cars like this.

Cheers from Mannheim/Germany

Wolfgang
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:56 AM   #8

Infact this is a chap who lives in my n'hood, has a 90 mitsubishi lancer, or Mirage as named in some countries. He did this job on his car, pulled out every bit of plastic, painted it fiery red, and put it back again. He has color matched seats done in artificial leather, and even the floor mats are done in the same color! The color is a fiery red / orange, and looks really savvy. And hey, TC, life's not fair, doesn't mean everybody has to hate anything you don't like! I would give him more score for the painstakingly difficult job of removing the plastic parts, even dis-mantling the AC ducts and fins, painting them and putting them back - all just to make his ride stand out of a crowd! now that's one hell of a job there!
adnanbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:31 AM   #9
TC3

adnanbh wrote:
Quote:
And hey, TC, life's not fair, doesn't mean everybody has to hate anything you don't like!

I agree totally but since you posted a pic on here i have every right to express what i think ...if i think it looks naff then that is my opinion and i am not talking for anyone else but me. I appreciate it took a lot of time to do that but it does absoultly nothing for me at all is what i am saying!