Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 30, 2006, 1:29 PM   #1

It works!

1600x1200 pixels 3.3 frames/sec. Crucial 100x SD card

Want to fill the frame with action? Get in close, press the button. The M410R does the rest.

But beware. at 4M pixels this camera will chew up memory fast. So if you don't need prints over 6x4 inch use 1600 x 1200.

Max
Attached Images

maxpixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2006, 2:43 PM   #2

Excellent shot .....full of drama/action!

4Meg? ....... The M410R may well be capable of continuous 3.3fps with the right card and eat up memory card space relatively quickly.... and upto the point when the card is full .... but so would other 4MB cameras for short, repeated continuous bursts! ...And don't forget that 5MB ... 6MB ... 8MB ... 10MB cameras will eat the same card up even faster! The M410R is no different than any other camera in this respect!

I always shoot at 2272 x 1704 Fine and make sure I take enough cards with me for the days shoot. During a breathing space in the shoot, I delete the "nearly" and "totally duff" shots, of which there are usually a fair proportion :-).

Keep the shots coming! Cheers, KK.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 2:50 PM   #3

Forgot to add ....... nice converter! Any chance of a 100% extract shots of the top left and/or right hand corners?

Cheers, KK
Old May 31, 2006, 10:04 AM   #4

This is the full frame. For £30 you can't ask for much more, no?

Max
Attached Images

Old Jun 1, 2006, 3:27 PM   #5
TC3

maxpixels wrote:
Quote:
It works!

1600x1200 pixels 3.3 frames/sec. Crucial 100x SD card

Want to fill the frame with action? Get in close, press the button. The M410R does the rest.

But beware. at 4M pixels this camera will chew up memory fast. So if you don't need prints over 6x4 inch use 1600 x 1200.

Max
I do not see the point in this post. All it states is what we already know. 4m pixels is nothing in this day and age and it makes sense to own enough sd cards so that you can always capture pics at full res to allow cropping.

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 3:55 PM   #6

Hey Tony .....don't beat about the bush ....tell 'em straight, next time........:lol::lol::lol:

Personally ... I just like seeing pics ....... I'd love to see a 100% extract (i.e. notreduced for the forum ...just a small part of the image)of one of the corners (with some detail in) to see the quality of the converter!

Cheers, KK.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:26 AM   #7
TC3

Hi KK

One of my faults...say what i think :-)

Off touring in France next week on the m/bike but the camera is not coming as my lil Canon is getting it's first trip abroad. However will take the M410R to Lake District in June with the 50mm to use as reverse and see if i can get any decent results in macro. DOF is a problem with that set up as u know. Also have a sigma achromatic close up filter in the set up that does not dregrade quality in anyway but narrows DOF further :roll::-)

Maxpixels i believe u need to live up to your username

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 3:50 PM   #8

At this point in time I am still experimenting with the camera.

A good print from a 4Mpixels filedoesn't prove anything. Getting a good print from the same lens with 2M doeswhen youwant to know the lower pixels limit is.

I just bought a Panasonic FZ20. And will do a like-for-like test between it and the M410R, a Kodak DX6490 and Kodak Z740. Why do I need all these cameras? I don't. They aren't all mine.

Show us the goods when you're back from France, Tony. Bon voyage and watch out for diesel spills and radar speed traps.

Max

This was shot at 4M pxls. -.3 EV to push the speed to 1000 at F7. Then cropped
Attached Images

Old Jun 3, 2006, 5:44 PM   #9

Very nice! ......... Post the details on this one, Max ........ camera, settings ....how much reduced for the forum etc.

Keep 'em coming.

I haven't done much lately ...... but here's afewusing the Contax SL300RT* ..... taken at a friends house. Apparently this first one brought a tear to Grandma's eye when I printed it up and framed it to be given to Grandma for the herrecent birthday (the shot is my mate's Mum-in-law and her youngest Grand-daughter, also my God-daughter)

Second one is my mate's No 2 daughter (he has 4!) ...... Yep! She is as big an imp as she looks ......... and always asks if she can take some shots with the Contax ....... she can use it quite well for a 5 year old!

No 3 shot is the same little scally! Everyone is all dressed up because the day'soccasion wasmy mate'sNo 1 daughter's First Holy Communion.

All shots virtually full frame, reduced to size for forum ....and a touch of sharpening to compensate for the resizing. Contax SL300RT* on Program, 100iso, 2048x1536, Fine ...Auto everything etc ......:lol:

Cheers, KK.
Attached Images

Old Jun 3, 2006, 5:45 PM   #10

Shot No. 2 .......!
Attached Images