Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:50 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Walter C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 8,059
Default Huntington Beach Pier

Flew my drone 1/2 mile out in order to shoot the pier from the ocean side.
Attached Images
 
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
tacticdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,076
Default

Now that is so amazing!

Were you worried about the drone dropping into the sea?

How did you frame the shot?

My family and I just visited California. We stopped in at the Santa Monica Pier for a day.

Beautiful shot!
__________________
Take care & Happy Shooting!

NOTE: I'm trying to capture the picture in my head! Not the one my camera sees!

Personal Flickr Favs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacticd...7631300869284/
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:23 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Walter C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 8,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticdesigns View Post
Now that is so amazing!

Were you worried about the drone dropping into the sea?

How did you frame the shot?

My family and I just visited California. We stopped in at the Santa Monica Pier for a day.

Beautiful shot!
Actually, I was worried as I hadn't flown it that far in the past. Obviously, if there is a problem (a bird attact -- it happens, a strong wind gust, battery failure, etc.) I couldn't hope to retrieve it. It was framed using the iPad connected to my controller.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
tacticdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
Actually, I was worried as I hadn't flown it that far in the past.
That just boggles my mind. I am such a worry wort that I'd go crazy in that situation.

I think it's completely cool! But . . . man, that sounds stressful.

Are you posting other shots from your drone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
Obviously, if there is a problem (a bird attact -- it happens, a strong wind gust, battery failure, etc.) I couldn't hope to retrieve it. It was framed using the iPad connected to my controller.
For going over water, does this float?

And if it doesn't float, can you attach a floating device to it to at least make it retrievable?

__________________
Take care & Happy Shooting!

NOTE: I'm trying to capture the picture in my head! Not the one my camera sees!

Personal Flickr Favs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacticd...7631300869284/
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:57 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Walter C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 8,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticdesigns View Post
That just boggles my mind. I am such a worry wort that I'd go crazy in that situation.

I think it's completely cool! But . . . man, that sounds stressful.

Are you posting other shots from your drone?



For going over water, does this float?

And if it doesn't float, can you attach a floating device to it to at least make it retrievable?
Doesn't float that I'm aware of, nor can you attach anything to it. It's just gone!
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:30 AM.