Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Landscape Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/)
-   -   Inspired by spy (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/inspired-spy-168188/)

maggo85 Mar 27, 2010 10:18 AM

Inspired by spy

1 Attachment(s)
Couple of days ago a was out in Imst and Imsterau (Walter, you know what I'm talking 'bout ;) ) to shot some night scenes... on the way to Imsterberg I was driving along a small country road (?) with a lot of barns on both sides.

So I decided to give it a try... I stopped the car beside the road, leaving the high beam on to lighten this old hat... I wanted to create something that has this "spy-look" I really love and admire - Kevin, your shots are so inspiring!

Here is the result of my work... I never spend so much time on one shot with pp, but now it looks just the way I wanted it to look ;)

Attachment 151540

I hope you like this photo as much as I do - and please give me your C&C!

BTW, I think it looks really good on the "dark theme" as well - try it out ;)

Ordo Mar 27, 2010 10:23 AM

Certainly an inspyred shot!

Walter_S Mar 27, 2010 10:46 AM

Markus, this is truly a magnificet photo, in spy-style!

Good work and contrast, IMO. Next time bring along a flashlight and get your wife to run around on the backside of the barn and shine (light-paint) the silhuette of it!

:)

bhammitt Mar 27, 2010 11:05 AM

Excellent work Markus, and a great suggestion on the backlight Walter!

Bob

kirby Mar 27, 2010 12:20 PM

very good ....i wish it would warm up out i want to try this too...good job...

Ancientritual Mar 27, 2010 12:31 PM

Very nice. I always carry a million powered torch in my back pack. Very useful for these type of shots, plus it helps when it comes to auto focusing in low level light situations.

spy Mar 27, 2010 12:36 PM

I am honoured and extremely impressed with your trying out new ways of introducing light to your subject. Isn't it amazing how using your car headlights can work out so well!! You have a decent blend of light here and were careful not to blow the highlights on the far right then gently leading the light off on the left leaving me wondering what is beyond. This shot is captivating.

Walter gives an excellent suggestion for another shot. Just to add to his idea, if you can position your camera to include a full moon directly behind to back light your subject along with forelighting using your car's headlights again or flashlight. What works very well too is to use a full moon in the background on a very foggy early morning when it's still dark.

My hat is off to you bro. This rocks!

maggo85 Mar 29, 2010 4:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordo (Post 1071200)
Certainly an inspyred shot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter_S (Post 1071219)
Markus, this is truly a magnificet photo, in spy-style!

Good work and contrast, IMO. Next time bring along a flashlight and get your wife to run around on the backside of the barn and shine (light-paint) the silhuette of it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhammitt (Post 1071229)
Excellent work Markus, and a great suggestion on the backlight Walter!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby (Post 1071260)
very good ....i wish it would warm up out i want to try this too...good job...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancientritual (Post 1071265)
Very nice. I always carry a million powered torch in my back pack. Very useful for these type of shots, plus it helps when it comes to auto focusing in low level light situations.

Wow... thank you all so much for your kind words - reading comments like your's makes me feel that it was really worth the work!!

Thank you too Walter for your recommendation with the flashlight - a friend of mine showed me some really nice shots where he was painting with light... I guess I'll try this out :)

Eetu Mar 29, 2010 4:37 AM

Markkus! Really nice work! Very good use of lighting. Spy is quite an inspiration to all of us. Anyway, really nice photo. Thanks for sharing it.

Ned

maggo85 Mar 29, 2010 5:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eetu (Post 1072011)
Markkus! Really nice work! Very good use of lighting. Spy is quite an inspiration to all of us. Anyway, really nice photo. Thanks for sharing it.

Ned

Thank's for commenting Ned :cool2: