Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Landscape Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/)
-   -   "And It's A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/its-hard-rains-gonna-fall-194444/)

Torgny Dec 11, 2011 2:42 PM

"And It's A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall"

1 Attachment(s)
Quotation Robert Zimmerman

There's some symbolism to this picture. Go figure. Clue: Durban

Ozzie_Traveller Dec 13, 2011 2:23 PM

G'day Torgny

Unless the streakiness of the sun is meant to look like a 'falling comet' ...
you've got me > dunno

Regards, Phil

Torgny Dec 13, 2011 3:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller (Post 1272068)
G'day Torgny

Unless the streakiness of the sun is meant to look like a 'falling comet' ...
you've got me > dunno

Regards, Phil

And g'day to you, Phil,

Other key words

Kyoto

Durban

Global warming

Climate change

Denying

Hypocrisy

Three crosses

Double moral standards

Wind power

Solar power

Studied theology for a year - shouldn't have done that. Waste of time. Every man and woman has the potential to do the right thing, regardless of religion. There's an universal moral grammar

Regards

Torgny

pj1974 Dec 13, 2011 4:31 PM

Hi Torgny

I like the photo... such ones can be difficult to capture in photographs what it feels like in reality... but you've done a 'pro job' there.

The detail in the wet road / path in the foreground - as well as the background (eg wind turbines) and the exposure is spot on.

I studied theology for many years - and continue to learn and apply it today. My views are different than yours - and where people can do positive things (including caring for the environment) - I thank God.

Where people are selfish, hypocritical -and don't see their need for grace - I pray that God helps us all see that, and humble us. A powerful and true humility.

Best wishes, Torgny. Thanks for your photo.

Regards

Paul

Torgny Dec 13, 2011 6:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pj1974 (Post 1272080)
Hi Torgny

I like the photo... such ones can be difficult to capture in photographs what it feels like in reality... but you've done a 'pro job' there.

The detail in the wet road / path in the foreground - as well as the background (eg wind turbines) and the exposure is spot on.

I studied theology for many years - and continue to learn and apply it today. My views are different than yours - and where people can do positive things (including caring for the environment) - I thank God.

Where people are selfish, hypocritical -and don't see their need for grace - I pray that God helps us all see that, and humble us. A powerful and true humility.

Best wishes, Torgny. Thanks for your photo.

Regards

Paul

Yes, I know, Paul, and I hope you've got the strength to help those who suffer. I suppose you can imagine the Via Dolorosa and Golgotha. That's what I did walking with a dog on each side of me in the terrible weather.

Normally there is snow by now up here (down here) We like snow. I took five or so pictures with a very cheap 50mm 1.8 on a FF house and got very surprised how well it performed at full opening

One of the pictures had it's sharpness set low. Well, how would it have felt ... being in pain; looking down, hearing the voices ...

Torgny

Seems some bandwagon had passed before me. No this one was f8.0 but anyhow