Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Landscape Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/)
-   -   Winter Morning (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/winter-morning-79226/)

bhammitt Jan 28, 2006 7:21 PM

I took this Friday on my way to photograph the elevator in my other posts. I used my D-50 shooing RAW then some post with the trial version of Elements 4.0

Bob H.

Dx Jan 28, 2006 7:24 PM

very nice pic

bhammitt Jan 28, 2006 7:27 PM

Thank you DX! I appreciate you looking!

Bob H.

squirl033 Jan 28, 2006 8:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
gorgeous colors, Bob... i love the reflection in the water! my only suggestion, and it's a very minor one for my own preference, would be a little less sky... perhaps a slightly tighter crop on the sunset itself... maybe a bit like this? like i said, that's just my own personal taste, it's a terrific shot just as it is! :cool:

bhammitt Jan 28, 2006 8:36 PM

Hi squirl! I like your crop, it was one of the nicer sunrises we have had in a while.

Bob

armadilloshield Jan 28, 2006 9:19 PM

Bob, it's a lovely and peaceful morning, nice shots :cool:
Thanks for sharing

goomer Jan 29, 2006 12:25 AM

Bob, you are the sunrise/sunset master. I just got the D50 a few weeks ago and have yet to get out with it...but your submissions are making me quite anxious to get out there and shoot..

shaggydoo Jan 29, 2006 2:42 AM

Another superb image,Bob:-)A real keeper...well done!
Andrew

bhammitt Jan 29, 2006 5:47 AM

Thank you Armadilloshield, Goomer and Andrew! I know people get tired of seeing sunrise/sunset photos, I can't help myself they are all different and one of the most beautiful things in nature, and sometimes there just isn't that much to shoot around here, thanks for always looking. Goomer, your going to love that D-50, I'm still using the kit lens, which I like very much but I hope to get a Nikon 28-200 zoom this spring.

Bob

pj1974 Jan 29, 2006 6:03 AM

Bob, beautiful colours in your photo! Well done, a lovely sunrise and reflection.

I think squirl033 did a good job with the crop, it's my preferred version. But it's always good to get the full view first and crop later, right!! :-)

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos Bob!

Paul

bhammitt Jan 29, 2006 6:20 AM

Thank you Paul! I appreciate the comments, it makes sitting out there in the cold waiting for the sun to come up worth it. I'm glad you enjoyed it, it is raining quite hard right now and looks like the weather will be dismal for the next few days, I have to find something else to shoot for a while.

Bob

Tom Overton Jan 29, 2006 7:42 AM

Hi Bob;

Congratulations on another "signature shot". :-)(as in, you see a shot and say, "Yup, that's a Bob Hammitt!" :-))

Cheers,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com

bhammitt Jan 29, 2006 8:01 AM

Thank you Tom!! I am quite honored for the association! I love taking them and to have my name thought of when you see this style of photograph is really a compliment!

Bob

pj1974 Jan 29, 2006 3:44 PM

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:

Thank you Paul! I appreciate the comments, it makes sitting out there in the cold waiting for the sun to come up worth it.

You are to be congratulated for the perseverance on chilly mornings!!

Thanks again for sharing. Hope you'll find some good subject matter in these days as you said the weather there isn't so pleasant....

Best regards

Paul

VP Jan 29, 2006 5:57 PM

Beautifully composed Bob, with gorgeous colors.

Aumma45 Jan 29, 2006 9:44 PM

Bob I always look forward to seeing your shots. Keep, em coming. Regards.

smac Jan 29, 2006 11:00 PM

You nailed it Bob, Wow! You got the light I was hoping for in my post. Nice work! What lens did you use on your shot? Steve

shaggydoo Jan 30, 2006 2:43 AM

Bob,
congrats on another fine POTD!:-)
Andrew

bhammitt Jan 30, 2006 4:31 AM

Thank you smac!! I used the kit lense that came with my d-50, the Nikkor 18-55 mm.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Bob

bhammitt Jan 30, 2006 4:34 AM

Thank you Andrew, I was pretty shocked to win first time, can't believe twice in one month, I'm the guy that can't catch a fish when everyone all around are hauling them in like crazy.

Thank you my friend!
Bob