Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 9, 2003, 4:12 PM   #1

Default UFO?

Okay, I need some help here. I was out taking pictures of a beautiful sky last night and I caught something very interesting. When I was looking to edit the pictures to get the power lines out, there was a metallic object in two of them. The first one is shown below with the object on the right side and about 4 seconds later (I don't have the picture uploaded yet) it was all the way to the left side. I didn't notice this until after I was looking at the pictures on my computer so I don't know anything about its movement. The first picture is simply the original resized. The only reason I started wondering about this was because, when I zoomed in to take the power lines out, there was a visible trail behind the object. In the second picture, the first inset picture (the largest) is a 200X zoom on the object. The inset picture to the top left of it was a smaller zoom that shows the trail behind it. I used a couple of filters and settings in photoshop to accentuate the trail which explains the other pictures. Anyone have any ideas?

aplustech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2003, 12:26 AM   #2

I received the message below on Sunday for the Birmingham, Alabama area for Monday. I am not sure where you are, but it appears to be a meteor.

<><><>

MORNING METEORS: The annual Arietid meteor shower, which peaks this year on June 8th, is a strange one: it happens during the day rather than at night. This makes the shower remarkably hard to see. Nevertheless, you might be able to spot a couple of bright Arietids slowly skimming Earth's atmosphere just before dawn on Monday morning--a rare but beautiful sight.
<><><>
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 2:06 AM   #3

Could be alot of things, airplane for example.... but meteor sounds logical...

I love these things, give us more strange stuff!
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 7:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck biddinger
I received the message below on Sunday for the Birmingham, Alabama area for Monday. I am not sure where you are, but it appears to be a meteor.

<><><>

MORNING METEORS: The annual Arietid meteor shower, which peaks this year on June 8th, is a strange one: it happens during the day rather than at night. This makes the shower remarkably hard to see. Nevertheless, you might be able to spot a couple of bright Arietids slowly skimming Earth's atmosphere just before dawn on Monday morning--a rare but beautiful sight.
<><><>
The picture was taken at 8:05pm CST.
aplustech is offline   Reply With Quote