Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 17, 2006, 5:03 AM   #1

Hello all!

I've just returned from honeymoon, being in the south west of Greece, which we discovered is a lovely and scenic place. My wife Tundi and I enjoyed the mountains plunging into the sea, the lovely beaches, castles and fortresses, etc. And of course we enjoyed just being together and starting our married life in such a way and holiday.

so I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd share some photos of Greece through a few landscape series. This is the first. (I've got to get adjusted to using my time well now, including longer meals with Tundi!) :?

This was our favourite beach, the beach of Voidokoilia only a few minutes from where we were camping (tent and bungalow site, PM me if you're interested ina fantastic camping site recommendation for south west Greece).

Anyway, this beach is a a natural semi-circular shape, (very reminiscent of Wineglass bay in Tasmania, Australia where I am originally from!). Such a romantic place to be at (both beaches). :G

These 2 photos were taken on a day when the sun was beautifully catching the clear water and there was a boat in the bay which added to the compositive flavour. I climbed a steep hill area at one end of the beach (ending in a cliff) to get these shots / perspectives of the beach.

This first photo shows the middle section of the beach and bay. The darker patches / parts in the water are areas of seaweed near the sandy floor.... And the water behind the beach is actually a rather largelagoon, a special natural ecologically significant area (of animals, insects, birds, etc).

Please let me know what you think of them (comments / feedback welcome!)

More photos later. (if you and the moderators will let me!) :-)

Paul

Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2006, 5:08 AM   #2

And this second photo is obviously a close up of the boat harboured there (just half a minute later). The wind had allowed the boat to be at a slightly different angle, helpful for this landscape photo taken in portrait orientation. And there was the slightest of hazes which passed in front of the sun in that time too (between photos)... so it gave the scene a slightly different colour / feel.

Both photos taken with my Canon 350D / XT and 28-135mm lens.

Paul
Attached Images

Old Oct 17, 2006, 6:58 AM   #3

Beautiful shots Paul. Further proof what a gorgeous country Greece is. I especially like the top one! Its one of the areas of Greece I've yet to visit, we were not far away this time last year in the Mani region which is also beautiful.
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 8:36 AM   #4

What I liked most in this image isto findsuch a beautiful beach uncrowded, almost uninhabited! (which is quitequite understandable regarding the season though) You've exploited possibly the best time for honeymoon!And your XT seems to have done justice to the sight well
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:12 PM   #5

It looks like a very nice place to go on vacations !!

The colours are wonderfull :-)

Magnific shots !!

Boily
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:25 PM   #6

Thanks guys for your kind comments / feedback...

Shaun, I'm honoured you find my photos proof of Greece's gorgeousness! I know there are definitely lots of other interesting parts of Greece to discover yet....

Bahadir: indeed the beach was quite uncrowded when we were there... making it all the more enjoyable for us (being "late / off season"!) You're right, a good honeymoon time! I can only thank my XT and lenses for accompanying us on many of our journeys to preserve the memories!

Boily, you're right, that place sure is also for vacations! Thanks for your kind comments about the colours... they were magnificent, I tried to represent them as honestly as possible here.

Thanks for looking all.

Paul

Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:22 PM   #7
VP

Ahh.....honeymoon AND Greece. Very nice scenery and nice shots Paul. Congratulations to you andTundi.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 3:43 PM   #8

Hi VP!

Thanks for your kind comments and congratulations. Yes, Greece is a picturesque place.

I've just uploaded some more landscape scenes on this topic on this forum...

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=8

Click on it to see! Thanks again.

Paul